Best tents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pearl Snaps View Post
    Mostly, I use it for a javalina Hunt I go on every February, 6 nights in a tent. It’s in South Texas, so every year the temps are between freezing and boiling, winds between nothing and hurricane.

You know, typical Texas weather.
    My wife and I mainly use our tent for the same thing. The Alaska Guide Model tent has never let us down. For the 2 of us we use the 6-man size. We've been down there when buddies' tents collapsed from the wind, but ours stood up fine.

Comment

Second Big Agnes.

Comment

The cabelas Alaska guide tent is a good tent. I had myself and four others for elk camp in oregon. We got a foot of snow it was nice inside tent. I have the 12x20 model. It works great.

Comment

Outbreaker,

Standing is a big factor. I’m 6’7, I’d at least like to stand up in the middle while I get dressed in the mornings. I had a Coleman that was tall enough in the middle that I could do that. Usually about 3-4 of us stay in the tent. Everybody else has gone to trailers and pop-ups.

Comment

Outbreaker,

Standing is a big factor. I’m 6’7, I’d at least like to stand up in the middle while I get dressed in the mornings. I had a Coleman that was tall enough in the middle that I could do that. Usually about 3-4 of us stay in the tent. Everybody else has gone to trailers and pop-ups.
            6'7? you need a tipi, not a tent.

Comment

Haha I’d be in on that. Where can I get one?

Comment

Seek outside tipi is what I have. Pretty awesome. Easy set up, plenty of room, bucks wind better than most other designs.

Comment

Haha I’d be in on that. Where can I get one?

Comment

Outbreaker,

None of the tents that I suggested are even close to that kind of ceiling. My 1.5 you have to get dressed outside or lying down.

Comment

I have an REI Kingdome for the use case you're describing. Just guy it out if winds are bad.

When I thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail I carried an MSR, so I'm partial to them for backpacking...

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                        I have an REI Kingdome for the use case you're describing. Just guy it out if winds are bad.

When I thru-hiked the Appalachian Trail I carried an MSR, so I'm partial to them for backpacking...
                        I have been looking at that for the whole family. How do you like the Kingdome?

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                          Seek outside tipi is what I have. Pretty awesome. Easy set up, plenty of room, bucks wind better than most other designs.
                          Nice! I always wanted a Sawtooth from Kifaru, but that really needs two people to carry in. For a base camp, I got a 14x16 canvas tent with a large wood stove. I have come to the conclusion that I really don't need a Sawtooth now.

Comment

Seek Outside 8 man tipi

Comment

Sweet set up Justin!

Comment

To be comfortable, you need 3 person for every 1 real person with all there gear, cots, and extras. For 4 people, i would look at a 12 person tent. MInimum in 2:1 but 3:1 is better.

For the money...

Comment

Working...
                                X