Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beans and cornbread...meal or side item?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Either way for us!

Comment

Growing up we consider it a meal.

Beans, corn bread, BBQ deer sausage, slices of onion, and glass of milk was our meal a lot of times. Sure am craving it right now.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Not only is it a meal but is one of my favorite- Cook beans, refrigerate for 2 days- reheat and cook sweet cornbread- split cornbread and lay out in bowl and cover with beans.

This is the way we did it growing up. Big plate, lay out your cornbread and cover with beans. Every now and then we had fried taters to go with. With this weather that sounds awesome right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Meal. Had for supper many a night when I was a kid, cause that's all we had and were darn glad to get it. Still love it today.

Comment

I might be weird, no I AM weird.
            My buddy need the beads here at Deer Camp. Starts them Saturday am before we go out, they cook all day. He adds sausage, bacon, and smoked ham.
            I'd rather eat that than a Ribeye cooked over a fire.
            I've done it before. I always eat the ribeye but I'm miserable all weekend.
            My buddy could be too tho. I do get a tiny [emoji6] bit gassy.

Comment

Same for fresh black-eye or purple hull peas and corn bread its a meal. Must be lots of rich folks on here. Had many a meal of just fresh green bean and new potatoes from the garden. Same thing with red beans (pintos) or peas. When I was a kid we lived off of what came out of the garden.

Comment

If it makes a tuurd, it’s a Meal

Comment

Both. I place salt pork, cilantro, jalepenos and seasoning. Those are a side meal.

I can also place some sort of German sausage, etc. and JIFFY CORNBREAD MIX made into muffins or bread. Thats a meal.

Comment

IMO....Beans with smoked deer sausage/onion/bell peppers and cornbread is a winner.

Comment

Meal all the way!!

Comment

Beans, onions, jalapenos, salt pork, seasonings, cornbread and a little shredded cheddar cheese on top.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9328.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	65.0 KB
ID:	24525695

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4679.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	24525696

Comment

A meal for us. Sometimes we will throw some smoked sausage in the beans and your good to go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Meal and a dang good one, too!!!

Comment

Our effort at red beans...seasoning was just the little pouch in the bag of beans...added a pound of sausage...put them on at 11am, starting to smell good. JalapeƱo corn bread ready, gonna be some good eats when the game is over.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Its only a meal if you dont know how to fry catfish or smoke a hog leg.

Comment

Working...
                                X