South llano River state park draw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
    this is where I am hoping to get drawn on the 2nd drawing.
    Me to.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
      I had 13.

I just checked, the youth hunts are in December. First adult hunt is mid november, but I havent seen anyone say that they drew that one. I will be on the 2nd one, nov 28-30.
      My exotic hunt is the end of October.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
        My exotic hunt is the end of October.
        Ah, totally wasn't even thinking about the exotic category. I drew the antlerless/spike. I guess we will rely on you for info!

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
          Ah, totally wasn't even thinking about the exotic category. I drew the antlerless/spike. I guess we will rely on you for info!
          Not a problem. I'll be shooting some video as well so if I get anything good on tape I will post it here too.

Comment

I got super lucky, I only had a couple points . Wonder why they put the youth hunt so late now?
            Oh well, now you have to worry about Txfire shooting all the axis !!

Comment

Originally posted by DDOYLE View Post
              When does the 2nd draw take place?
              I have no idea.......

Comment

Originally posted by DDOYLE View Post
                When does the 2nd draw take place?
                From my understanding 2nd draw take place after the date given to 1st draw winners to accept hunt. For example If 9 out of 12 hunts are confirmed 2nd draw will only be for remaining 3 permits

Edit: maybe OP and other winner(s) can tell when they must accept by

Comment

Was drawn couple years ago, me and a buddy killed 14 axis...

Comment

Originally posted by Msgreenga View Post
                    Had 5 I think
                    So explain, you get 1 loyalty point Every year you pay 3 dollar fee and don't get drawn?

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
                      Was drawn couple years ago, me and a buddy killed 14 axis...
                      Wow! What stand was that from?

Comment

Originally posted by jettech17 View Post
                        Oh well, now you have to worry about Txfire shooting all the axis !!
                        lol, I wish. If I get any I will be happy. At least I'll be leaving yall all the whitetails.

Comment

It was a drought year and all animals were concentrated along the river. We filled 5 150 quart coolers with deboned meat. Biologist was so happy because they needed them killed and didn't believe that we would kill more than 2 or 3. There was a screened skinning lean to and a walk in cooler that worked they let us use and gave us another busted up cooler a previous hunter had left. On our hunt none of the other paid\drawn hunters showed up. We had the run of the park. When we got home e we had a grinding and steak tenderizing party with friends\family. A lot of people ate for a long time. That trip turned into work fast! If you have an RV just stay in it at the park, they have full hookups, if they will let you, call to ask.

Comment

Originally posted by WTJim View Post
                            It was a drought year and all animals were concentrated along the river. We filled 5 150 quart coolers with deboned meat. Biologist was so happy because they needed them killed and didn't believe that we would kill more than 2 or 3. There was a screened skinning lean to and a walk in cooler that worked they let us use and gave us another busted up cooler a previous hunter had left. On our hunt none of the other paid\drawn hunters showed up. We had the run of the park. When we got home e we had a grinding and steak tenderizing party with friends\family. A lot of people ate for a long time. That trip turned into work fast! If you have an RV just stay in it at the park, they have full hookups, if they will let you, call to ask.
                            Ive been there before on a youth hunt with my son so I'm familiar with how they run it but thanks for the info anyways. My son killed 3 wt but no axis.

Comment

Working...
                            X