Help ID a Browning Citori

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
    Niceg3s, do you think it would be adventaous to have the barrels threaded for choke tubes? I've heard it it being done with good results, but not sure if it would be worth the cost. Thanks for your wealth of info sir.
    No worries, I would not thread the barrels personally, but it is your call. If you want to tighten and widen your pattern, you can do that by changing the shot also. 7 1/2 through 9 for clays. For dove, I would shoot a 7 1/2. Pheasant use a #6 high brass. I've never changed a choke while hunting, only when shooting clays. I'd say you're doing just fine with skeet chokes. Especially if you have the 28 or 30" barrel. 26" is ok too, but the longer barrels would be better.

Comment

Both barrels are 28" tubes. Again, thanks for the insight sir. Your check is in the mail. lol

Comment

Both barrels are 28" tubes. Again, thanks for the insight sir. Your check is in the mail. lol
        No worries, JB4 is most likely the model# for 12/20 Skeet Combo and doesn't have anything to do with the chokes, not sure where my head was at last night...

Comment

Here's a pic of my setup. I'm still grinning ear to ear.

Has little to no wear on the metal, one tiny dent and scratch on the stock, but other than that it's flawless. Leather case has no sign of wear on the exterior as well. Folks at the pawn shop had no idea what they had. Oh, and being five-O I ran the serial number and it came back clean. Mama is stoked too. Guess I need to find her one too.
          Last edited by joel45acp; 05-21-2017, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Here's a pic of my setup. I'm still grinning ear to ear.

Has little to no wear on the metal, one tiny dent and scratch on the stock, but other than that it's flawless. Leather case has no sign of wear on the exterior as well. Folks at the pawn shop had no idea what they had. Oh, and being five-O I ran the serial number and it came back clean. Mama is stoked too. Guess I need to find her one too.
            That's a good find. I have a 101 about the same age. Just don't do what I did and leave it in a cold truck overnight and shoot it the next day. Put a small crack in the forearm stock.

Comment

Would you know if it's possible to buy just a Citori receiver? Since I have the extra 20ga barrel thought about getting my wifey into shooting with me.

Comment

Would you know if it's possible to buy just a Citori receiver? Since I have the extra 20ga barrel thought about getting my wifey into shooting with me.
                It'd be tough to find one, but I'm sure they are out there. I would imagine any of the 12/20 citori's for that year would interchange, but you need to ask someone smarter than me. Frame size on a 12 is bigger than a 20 which is bigger than a 28 and then 410. Usually combo guns use a 12 frame for a 12/20 and a 20 frame for 20/28, etc...

I'd leave it as is and get her something else. She'd probably like a Beretta A400 with Kickoff. You can get one used for under $1500. Browning makes a micro midas o/u for women and small stature men. Maybe some other options out there. Plenty of guys on TBH that know more about this than me.

Comment

Start small
                  Remington Youth 20g

Good Luck

Comment

So I came across a Browning Superposed in 12ga built in 1966. Guy is asking 800 for it. It does show wear on the stock like small scratches and dings. Is that a fair price? Bluing looks good and no rust.. dang this shotgun stuff is getting addicting lol

Comment

Working...
                    X