Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening.
Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Looking for info on a bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for info on a bow

I recently came across this bow at a garage sale and thought it was pretty cool. I've only been bowhunting for a couple years now, and have never ventured into the traditional world. I've been debating about jumping in, so when I saw this I figured it was as good a time to start as any.

From what I can tell, this is a Wing Archery Presentation 2. It's definitely been used, but it looks to be straight. I'm planning to take it in to a local shop to get it checked out (most likely Austin Archery Country).

Does the green screen have any additional information they could share with me? Is it worth taking it in to get looked at, or should I designate it as wall art?

Any help will be appreciated.
    Attached Files

That is an awesome find! It is certainly worth setting up and shooting.

Bisch

Comment

Wing made some pretty good bows. In fact, they had a factory here in Jacksonville. A buddy of mine worked there for a short time. I have a Red Wing Hunter myself, 42 @ 28". I shoot it from time to time..........up close !

Comment

If you want to sell it pm me.

Comment

I will give you five dollars more than Paisano. Not really. I collect Bears.

Wing Presentations are pretty darn good bows and looking at the weight, that one is a good one to learn with. It ought to be pretty forgiving at that length too.

Comment

You found a very, very nice bow.

The bow is likely 50 years old is the reason it shows some use.

Comment

I guess it's a Presentation I. I also posted this on ArcheryTalk, and somebody mentioned that the Presentation II was a takedown, and this is definitely one piece.

Comment

If it checks out to be in good shape, I would shoot it for sure and let it double for wall art as well. I would jump all over that bow. I am a Bob Lee guy though.

Comment

Very nice early Wing Presentation one piece.

Bob Lee also designed the three piece take down Wing Presentation II. It was a highly sought after bow in the 80's both the target and hunting model.

If I am not mistaken I believe Carroll Archery made a magnesium riser that would also accept the Wing Presentation II limbs.
                  Last edited by Straitshot; 04-12-2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

More Pics

It looking to me like it's a Presentation 1, but I have no idea what year. I took some additional pictures of it tonight.
                    Attached Files

Comment

More pics

Here are some more:
                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                      X