The aftermath of Hurricane Harvey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The aftermath of Hurricane Harvey!

I thank GOD almighty that I was spared. My levee held but it was seriously questionable for several days. Now I see those that didn't fare so well. Took these pics today while I was at work. Looks like a bomb went off and these pics don't really do it justice. Don't do it justice.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4935.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	124.1 KB
ID:	25125964

Name:	IMG_4936.JPG
Size:	137.6 KB
ID:	25125965

Name:	IMG_4934.JPG
Size:	138.6 KB
ID:	25125966

Prayers sent to all

Comment

Wow. That is insane. I have never lived in a subdivision, much less gone through anything like that, so this may be a very ignorant question, but what happens with all that stuff? I'm guessing the normal waste management doesn't drive around picking that up. Seems they would fill one truck at each house. Is there some sort of industrial trash service that helps these people out?

Comment

Wow

Comment

Heart breaking.

Comment

That's what my parents street looks like. Looks like a war zone

Originally posted by JBizkit View Post
            Wow. That is insane. I have never lived in a subdivision, much less gone through anything like that, so this may be a very ignorant question, but what happens with all that stuff? I'm guessing the normal waste management doesn't drive around picking that up. Seems they would fill one truck at each house. Is there some sort of industrial trash service that helps these people out?
            Trucks come around with a big grapple hook and pick the trash up and put it in a separate dumpster. They will be busy doing that for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by JBizkit View Post
              Yes.....there were a couple of waste disposal supervisors that drove through the neighborhood getting an estimate. Each one had their estimate and I guess, they averaged what each supervisor said. I guess HOA pays for it???

Local trash doesn't deal with that.

One supervisor that I spoke with measured the trash/waste/debris in ACRES not in the amount of trucks to get it all!

Comment

I know what you mean. It's like pictures of the grand canyon, you just can't get a sense of the sheer magnitude of the scope of devastation. It's painful to see up close. Every pile of debris is a family who's entire life is upside down - and will stay that way for 12-18 months. And there are SO MANY PILES.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dru.bishop73 View Post
                  i know what you mean. it's like pictures of the grand canyon, you just can't get a sense of the sheer magnitude of the scope of devastation. It's painful to see up close. Every pile of debris is a family who's entire life is upside down - and will stay that way for 12-18 months. And there are so many piles.

sent from my sm-g610f using tapatalk
                  this^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                  X