No announcement yet.

Vehicle Registration question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Their excuse is covid. I didn't get ours either.

Comment

I did mine late online. As long as your inspected, rock n roll online. Unless you get a citation for it.

Comment

I submitted mine online 2 weeks ago and still don’t have my new sticker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My guess take (last year Reg., with new inspection paperwork if required.If no last year paperwork, Licence Number will probably be OK in this Computer age...

Comment

I got one and already went to United to renew.

Comment

Just renew online. Very easy. You only need to have your VIN# and license plate # handy. The TXDOT system will look your vehicle up and have all of your information. It will even give you the option to update anything such as your current address during the process.

The only requirement is your inspection must be current for the renewal to process. I don't know how this is transmitted exactly, but the inspection place will enter your data and it will be given to TXDOT. You don't need to do anything for this to occur other than getting the inspection.

Here's how mine went down -
              1. Received renewal notice in May for a June expiration.
              2. Due to Covid, inspection places near me weren't doing inspections.
              3. I ended up getting an inspection in early August
              4. I renewed on-line within a few days of the inspection, which was enough time for the passed inspection to be reflected in the system
              5. Sticker received in the mail about 2-3 after

No penalty for late renewal other than I received a June tag when renewing in August.

You can print the on-line payment receipt as record of your renewal prior to receiving the sticker in the mail.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                Just renew online. Very easy. You only need to have your VIN# and license plate # handy. The TXDOT system will look your vehicle up and have all of your information. It will even give you the option to update anything such as your current address during the process.

The only requirement is your inspection must be current for the renewal to process. I don't know how this is transmitted exactly, but the inspection place will enter your data and it will be given to TXDOT. You don't need to do anything for this to occur other than getting the inspection.

Here's how mine went down -
                1. Received renewal notice in May for a June expiration.
                2. Due to Covid, inspection places near me weren't doing inspections.
                3. I ended up getting an inspection in early August
                4. I renewed on-line within a few days of the inspection, which was enough time for the passed inspection to be reflected in the system
                5. Sticker received in the mail about 2-3 after

No penalty for late renewal other than I received a June tag when renewing in August.

You can print the on-line payment receipt as record of your renewal prior to receiving the sticker in the mail.

Good info. Do you know the website?
                I got inspections done today. When can I do the rest?

Comment

Got one for my truck two months before expiration

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                    Good info. Do you know the website?
                    I got inspections done today. When can I do the rest?

Link to apply for and order a specialty license plate, renew your vehicle registration and/or submit a change of address online via the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles Vehicle and Title Registration Services application.

I’m told the info is transmitted immediately. If they haven’t received it it will not let you renew.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      https://renew.txdmv.gov/Renew/

I’m told the info is transmitted immediately. If they haven’t received it it will not let you renew.

Thanks Mike, Got 2 of the 3 done today.

Comment

I received all of mine this year. If you have a subdivision mailbox in your neighborhood that could be the problem. My subdivision posted that to check mail box daily due to theft.

Comment

They’re still sending em.

Comment

Working...
                          X