1- chopped onion
    1- chopped bellpepper
    1tsp- chopped garlic
    1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs
    1 cup- grated cheese
    2- eggs
    2 tbls of butter
    Mc Cormick's Seasonal- to taste

Peel and cut eggplants in cubes. Boil for about 20 min, until tender. Drain and set to the side. Brown the ground meat in a skillet, along with seasonal, to taste. Melt butter in a skillet and saute' garlic, onion and bellpepper.

Once all that is cooked, in a large bowl, combine the eggplant, ground meat, and veggies. You may want to taste it to see if it needs more seasoning. Add 1 cup of the bread crumbs and the eggs. Once all that is mixed, add ingrediants and level it out, into a 9X12 casserole dish, sparyed it with pam. Add remaining 1/2 cup of bread crumbs and the cheese on top.
    Place in pre-heated oven @350 degrees for 20 min. or until golden brown.

And then ENJOY!

You can also use squash instead of eggplant
    And, you can use crabmeat or shrimp instead of ground meat

I wonder if I could substitute zucchuni for the eggplant? I have plenty of zucchuni, but haven't grown eggplant for years.

Sounds like a tsty dish!

Comment

Brought back LOTS of memories with that! My mom used to make this all the time when the garden started making. (But we used ground beef, used to kill a calf every year)

Comment

Originally posted by badger16 View Post
        I wonder if I could substitute zucchuni for the eggplant? I have plenty of zucchuni, but haven't grown eggplant for years.

Sounds like a tsty dish!
        Don't see why you couldn't. I'm not sure about the skin on the Zuke's, if the their skins are like the yellow squash, you could just cube it and boil them.

Comment

Looks Great a must try

Comment

Working...
          X