Recipes for deer heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recipes for deer heart

Its my first bow kill, so im looking for a tasty way to try this delicate muscle.
    any suggestions?

wrap in bacon and Jal and then throw it away , you have to slice really thin and then cook really fast . eat as a taco .

Comment

I love deer heart. At the camp I cut it into sliver abour 1/2 inch thick and marinade in Wosterchire(sp) sauce, Italian dressing, garlic powder, and Tonys. I then grill over the fire for about 8-10 minutes. YOu want it pink inside. Very good imo.

I also cube it and smother i down with deer meat in a rice and gravy. Makes gravy much darker.

Comment

man up and eat it caveman style!!!! j/k braver man than I!

Comment

I submit that there is NOTHING on this earth that cannot be made tasty by chicken frying it.

Comment

I cut it into thin stips and shake some tonys on it and grill it, it is good stuff.

Comment

cut it up in chuncks then apply to a large hook and try to catch a catfish with it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigSticker View Post
                cut it up in chuncks then apply to a large hook and try to catch a catfish with it.

That got a chuckle outta me!

Comment

Slice it thin, flour, milk, flour and deep fry with back strap... My wife ALWAYS wants the heart. If I don't brng it home I am in deep trouble... Great with gravy and fries....

Comment

Never ate the heart before but like syr02 said, bacon helps most dry cooking game.

Comment

YOu want it pink inside. Very good imo.
                      Heart is very low in fat and dries out quickly if you overcook it, keep it pink in the middle and season with what you like and enjoy.

Comment

I slice it thin and use the same reciepe as you would for cerviche

Comment

Soak it in Milk and Fhicken Fry it!

Comment

olive oil onions and garlic,,,,good

Comment

Several years ago we had friends that were extremely nice people. They were also Mennonites and were awesome cooks. We took some of them hunting one at a time and they enjoyed it. About every time we arrived they would meet us with food and I never had anything that was bad stuff. One day they offered a deer heart sandwich and I would never have told them no. I overcome my preconceived thoughts and tried it. It was a great tasting treat. Sorry I don't know how they prepared it but it can be very good.

Comment

Working...
                              X