Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can you ride a MX Motorcycle legally?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where can you ride a MX Motorcycle legally?

I grew up on a YZ 125 and got rid of it when I was going off to college. I'm in my late 40's and the MX bike (Enduro really) is poking me. I'd like to get a 250 4stroke but before I do, I'd want somewhere to be able to ride. I'm not talking about Supercross stuff. More trail riding with some tiny jumps sprinkled in and able to ride for a while without going in circles.

Any ideas about that type of place in the Texas area?

There is. And I can't think of the name. It's in the hill country. They also rent bikes, ATVs, and utility vehicles. Got several miles of trails for different level riders.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      There is. And I can't think of the name. It's in the hill country. They also rent bikes, ATVs, and utility vehicles. Got several miles of trails for different level riders.
      That's right where I want to be but would travel farther. Thanks

If you think of the name, let me know.

Comment

Rio Bravo has a nice day track that anyone could ride. And some trails mixed in there. And they have a pool for when you get hot.

Comment

Place in marble falls. Someone whill chime in with the name. Couple thousand acres.. Then there is a place outside of Killen/ florence area. private place, but the membership is cheap and it is an awesome place to ride. Have been to both. I like the florence place better. Tghere is a motocross tract near bastrop.

Comment

Looking for an outdoor adventure? Come out to Hidden Falls Adventure Park! We have trails for everyone, Jeep, Bronco's, Toyota's, Motorcycles, ATV/UTV, there's something here for YOU and your family!

Fantastic Place and well ran!!

Comment

I have the bug too & may look at the KTM next year...we are fortunate & have permission to ride scooters at the ranch in the off season.

I'll likely go with a 400.

Originally posted by txsteele View Post
              I grew up on a YZ 125 and got rid of it when I was going off to college. I'm in my late 40's and the MX bike (Enduro really) is poking me. I'd like to get a 250 4stroke but before I do, I'd want somewhere to be able to ride. I'm not talking about Supercross stuff. More trail riding with some tiny jumps sprinkled in and able to ride for a while without going in circles.

Any ideas about that type of place in the Texas area?

Comment

How about a Yammy WR450 Motard street legal go anywhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
                  Place in marble falls. Someone whill chime in with the name. Couple thousand acres.. Then there is a place outside of Killen/ florence area. private place, but the membership is cheap and it is an awesome place to ride. Have been to both. I like the florence place better. Tghere is a motocross tract near bastrop.

Ctrour I believe is what the place is called between Salado and Maxdale

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drwilliams View Post
                    Ctrour I believe is what the place is called between Salado and Maxdale

CTOR is the name.

Comment

Sam Houston Forest has trails all through it specifically for motorcycles.

Comment

Hidden falls adventure park is a great place. We take the jeep there. Lots of fun. There are quite a few places to go. When you get there talk to the other people riding about other places they go. That's the best way to find out where to go and not to go. We just got back from Riding River Ranch in Leakey with the jeep. Its like 3400 acres. It was a lot of fun.

Comment

Up near Muenster is a bike park, full of trails. Been there a couple of times. It was fun.

Then it's on to Oklahoma and Arkansas to ride the hundreds of miles of USFS trails.

Start with a trip to Mena, and branch out from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Its a shame a question like this has to be asked but...Texas just doesn't have the un-babysitted land that other states do.

Comment

National forest in Huntsville has plenty of trails. Get a permit at ranger station

Comment

Working...
                              X