The Timer issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alien_scones View Post
    Replace with the "Plan B" timer. Same manufacturer, same timer with fewer events. Save $25

PLAN-B TIMER https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B06XPKVT..._jD0ODb76FR433

please excuse brevity and dictation errors

They just released that. How are you confirming less events? It's been out so "long" it has one review on Amazon.

Looks like a cheaper cost version of the Timer with only 4 feed times versus 6 hence the smaller stature. Buttons all look the same. I bet teh electronics are the same minus 2 feed times and buttons. Probably same exact internal components at $42 delivered.
    Last edited by Smart; 10-13-2019, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      They just released that. How are you confirming less events? It's been out so "long" it has one review on Amazon.

Looks like a cheaper cost version of the Timer with only 4 feed times versus 6 hence the smaller stature. Buttons all look the same. I bet teh electronics are the same minus 2 feed times and buttons. Probably same exact internal components at $42 delivered.
      I think when he said less events he meant 4 feed times versus 6.

Comment

The good folks at J & L in Cisco showed me the plan B timer last season and I bought one in a box kit. Haven't had any problems. I cant claim it is lightning proof.

Quality Hunting Equipment.... Unbeatable Customer Service!! THE largest inventory in Central Texas!!!!

please excuse brevity and dictation errors

Comment

Originally posted by gonehuntin68 View Post
          I think when he said less events he meant 4 feed times versus 6.

Hell I though he meant less problems and was recommending it over the Timer..

Disregard if that's the case...

Comment

I think I can actually tell you what happened or a theory of such. I am passing it on because I had something like this happen to my timer and I was actually there when it did. I had a coon climb the feeder and pull on the wires. The rubber grommet where the wires go through the penetration into the feeder motor housing had rotten out. The wires arced to the box, sending out sparks, lighting up said trash panda and frying the timer. I could smell the ozone and melted plastic in the blind. I would bet some version of this happened to you. Either a short or some other electrical event (lightning) caused the battery to arc this out.

Comment

Working...
            X