No announcement yet.

The New Lake Whitney-Lake Aquilla - 06

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey country boy punctuation is your friend, use it.

Comment

Still shopping

I haven't pulled the string back yet! I'm getting a little discouraged that I've not seen a shooter. Lots of does and small bucks. My boy missed a "nice one" but I haven't seen any. The gentics look good. I saw a 2 year old 8 pt being dragged out. Nice spread...would have been nice in 2 years. Thats good news on chasing...I was out Sat/Sun and only does. NONE appeared ready. In fact, later that day I dropped a scent bomb (cotton ball w/ Golden Estres) and it upset the does. They started blowing.
      I was hoping this week things would heat up but with a South wind I'm screwed. Need North to East winds.

Looks like Decenmber 2nd to 7th, full moon is my drop dead date for shopping..after that my fangs will start to show

Comment

Shooters are far and few between out there especially this year the drought has really hurt the antler development. We've been discouraged too since the end of october the deer are really wary of humans now.

I saw a 2 year old 8 pt being dragged out. Nice spread...would have been nice in 2 years.
        Jeez I hate to see that hopefully next year that will be illegal with the antler restriction getting placed on the east side of the lake as well. As in most of texas the genetics are there (did you see the trail cam pics of the bucks off LBJ in wise county, WOW!) we just need to give the bucks 5 to 6 years to reach their potential.
        Last edited by boss bowman; 11-20-2006, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I had my chance at 2 nice bucks but no deal. I haven't been seeing any does the last few weeks but have been seeing some bucks. Had an 8 pt. 20 yards from me, look up at me and just walk around in front of me and wander around for about 15 min.s sat. evening. he would have made the restrictions but barely.

Comment

Yeah Boss But I Never Really Learned How To Use It So I Guess You Can Figure How I Got My Name !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Comment

Well Grizz I Hope You Get To Pull Er Back And Make Some String Music Soon Or You Ll Be Buying Lunch Lol
              No Really Good Luck To You And Your Boy Went Out Last Night And Saw Em Chasin Again So Its Here For Sure

Comment

Boss The Restrictions Arent In Place Yet Even Though You Are Calling Tpwd And Starting Threads About It Its Really Hard To Manage A Herd Of Deer ,now Put Public Pressure On Them Along With Natural Predators, And You Have An Even Harder Time Seeing Them LET ALONE MANAGE THEM ! If You Want Restrictions So Bad Switch From The Hill County Side Of The Lake And Start Hunting The Bosque Side Of The Lake Like I And Many Other Tbh'ers Have Done Scince The Beginning Of The Season You Claim You Want To Hunt In A Restricted County Well All You Have Is Air And Opportunity To Come To Bosque County And Try Your Hand ! Hows That For Punctuation ?

Comment

Sorry For All You Guys Out There Having A Great Conversation But This Guy Really Likes To Cause Contraversy He Says One Thing But Yet Does Another And Hes Allways Trying To Be A Smart *** Well Lets Carry On Because All The Rest Of You Guys Have Been Really Cool And No Offense To Any Body Just My .02 On This Guy

Comment

I do hunt bosque county, I have a deer lease in meridian that I've already shot a mature buck at this year. I've talked to a few TPWD officials around here as well as some in grand prairie, and they plan to implement the antler restriction in all one buck counties in north texas eventually, its just a matter of time. The majority of hunters and especially land owners want them and TPW seems to be listening on this one. Sorry I ticked you off, but I was kidding not trying to be an ***.
                    Last edited by boss bowman; 11-22-2006, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Hey Country Boy, I thought you got your name from your time in the service.

Oh, BTW, Thanks for all you've done that no one will ever know about; and the sacrifices you have made while serving. And thanks for putting your "A" on the p-line every day so other people can stay warm this winter. And thanks again for helping those kids learn to appreciate the outdoors, and passing on a great passion we all share. As far as I'm concerned, you can spell, write, or punctuate any way ya want.
                      Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-23-2006, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Must be lesbian deer

Again, does and more does. No chasing. had 4 em this am at 8 yards. One HUGE doe. They must hate men. They we moving right at 1st light. Finally found a fresh scrape. Bosque must have somthing going. I have three areas over there but the pressure seems higher.

Hey Country boy...do pictures count...kinda like catch a release

Anyway...I'll buy a few rounds after the season. What local is central to those interested in a get together? Hatchie, Cleburne, Waco....anybody have a favorite watering hole?

Click image for larger version

Name:	TBH Ram 5.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	24717601

Name:	TBH Ram 3.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	24717602

Name:	TBH Ram 4.jpg
Size:	76.1 KB
ID:	24717603
                        bow 009.JPG

Comment

Sorry..some old pics in there

here is today's 11/24

Name:	018.JPG
Size:	138.4 KB
ID:	23816781

Name:	sized_colorado game cam 017.JPG
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	24717605

Countryboy..when you say chasing do you mean the bucks have thier nose down and the does are running or are the bucks just with the does...

Comment

Heading to Bosque Sunday Morn. I gotta see them chasing!
                            Other than the big one taken in H10...anybody hearing of anything big in Whitney? Seeing/Taken.

Comment

Lol I Wish Cause Id Be Tagged Out By Now

Comment

Seen A Nice 10 A Nice 8 A Nice 8 Or 9 But Never Close Enough To Play Any String Music Man This Is Great Aint It its the memories not the kill that make hunting so exciting like last sunday i took my 10 year old nephew hunting for about the 4th or 5th time in his life but has only seen a few small does when it was about 11:30 or so we had to go he couldnt hold it any longer he steps out of the blind 8 or 10 yards from a huge 8 point buck he looked at me and said theres a 8 point buck right here i laughed a little and then looked thru the cedar tree that was blocking my view and shure enough there he was just looking at my nephew no shot opportunity for me so i told him just stand still they watched each other for probably 5 min then the buck eased off into the tree line he said uncle that was so cool and i said yeah it was you dont know how cool it really was.
                                Last edited by COUNTRY BOY; 11-27-2006, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X