Fletching Jig???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fletching Jig???

Has anyone ever made or attemted to make one??? If there is one on here in the archives, I didn't find it. If you have made one, and it was a sucess can you kindly share the plans???

Arizona EZ Fletch. They're a little pricey, but the time they save is well worth it.

Comment

I think building one would prove to be difficult since alignment and spacing are so critical when attaching the vanes. You'd also have to go buy some sort of clamp mechanism. That might be easier if you fletch straight, but probably impossible if you fletch offset.

Seems like a lot of trouble to go through to build one when you can by a Bohnig fletching jig for $25.

Comment

I've had real good luck with the Bohning Setup. They look and work like the Blitzenburers but they cost under $30.00 (Gander, Academy, Etc). For individual use I would say it works very well. With one jig I can fletch a dozen arrows in about 30-45 mins. They are adjustable and you can get straight, left or right clamps. Probably done about 200-250 on mine with no problems....Used to use the Arizona ez fletch but I prefer the Bohning fletcher much more...

Comment

You can also buy refurbished Bitzenberger's on-line pretty cheaply. Mine works great and was less than 1/2 price. Woody

Comment

Thanks guys. Now to decide which one to buy Seems liek everyone has their favorite

Comment

When you get started try the fletching tape. Man it works great.

Comment

Working...
              X