Building kitchen cabinets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Building kitchen cabinets

About to build kitchen cabinets and I'm looking for a website or book that will help bridge the gap, this being my first time. I've got all the tools: router, table saw, miter saw, air guns, kreg jig, 220 planer. Going to skin the fronts with cedar to match the rest of the house. My cedar is already dried out. Any ideas much appreciated.

Justin

Usually if you just google specific questions you'll get an answer. Thats what i usually do. Example- "how high is the average toe kick" or "how high is the average bar height", etc etc.
    One tip that you are prob already aware of is the purchase of your appliances before the cabinet construction. This really helps to get exact opening dimensions so you dont have problems finding appliances to fit, but instead you make the cabinets fit your appliances. Has saved me some trouble in the past.
    Good luck with the build, be sure and post some pics!

Comment

Kreg sends me emails every once in a while with plans and different things. They should have plans and cut lists for different size cabinets on their website.

Comment

Ill be watching this thread cause I have been tasked with building custom kitchen island.

Comment

Getting started in the morning and have 5 days to hit it hard, I'll keep y'all posted on the progress this week. Thanks for the ideas.

Comment

I've got pics to post, but can't figure it out. I'm clicking the button with mountains on it and it's asking for a url?

Comment

Go to Advanced, then click Manage Attachments. You can then browse your computer to the pictures. If they are too big you may have to resize them.

Comment

Never got the pics to post? Would like to see the handy work...

Comment

where r the pics

Comment

O.k. guys I've made a lot of progress, the biggest was figuring out how to post these pics. All the cabinets are in place, but still need to build doors, drawers, and fronts. I made the lowers extra sturdy because I'm going to put concrete counter tops on. All the cedar was about 5 years old so no shrinking. I bought a used 220 planner and ran all the wood through it.
                    Last edited by Learjet; 12-25-2019, 07:10 PM.

Comment

sweet! and I aint guna show my wife!..all I need is more projects!

Comment

Looking great so far!

Comment

looks good

Comment

That cedar will LOOK SWEET when done. NO way my wife is seeing this one. Great job.

Comment

Looks awesome. Im getting ready to do this too. How did you mount the shelves in the cabinets? What kind of joints did you use? I plan on concrete counter tops too.

Comment

Working...
                              X