ground blind idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ground blind idea

I had an idea for a ground blind. I spent $15 on the frame. 16 feet of rebar cut into 4 ft pieces, 4 10 ft lengths of 1/2" pvc, and 6 zip ties. I drove the rebar 2 ft into the ground in about a 4.5 ft square. bend oppossite pvc pieces toward the center run a zip tie thru pre drilled holes. I put three ties about 6 in. apart so that it would be a continuous curve and not an "x". Repeat for the other two pvc pieces. This gave me a 6'4" center height dome (that is also 6'4" across at my shoulders when I am standing)that I can move easily at the cost of the 6 zip ties and the energy to drive the rebar. Now I just have to figure out what I am going to use for the skin. This will undoubtedly the biggest expense on the blind.

Great idea

wrap it with camo burlap. and top off with a tarp. Should be easy to tie off by making some holes. Camo Burlap cost around 9 bucks, can catch it on sell at Walmart sometimes for around 7. Then brush it in.

Comment

Thanks for the input. I didn't think about a tarp.

Comment

Be sure to post pics of it when your finished...would like to see the finished product.

Comment

send pic

yea send pics. I like the idea. Am always making ground blinds but mainly out of brush. My current blind is right in the middle of a small cedar tree. I am tuck in there tight but have enough room to draw, only downfall is I only have one shot window. Your idea with the pipes give you a couple of area for windows.

Comment

Just find a roll of wire mesh from an old construction site, that was used to put in sidewalks and driveways to pour the concrete on. They are 6' tall and have 6" holes. Make your circle 6 or 7' across and tie together. Cut your door out, leaving one or two squares on the top and the bottom, hinge with wire or whatever you have. Put a couple 2x4's across the top with tin or old plywood or just brush on top of them. And as far as the sides you can hang brush or carpet or netting or whatever you have. I have one like this with a shooting window cutout with shot thur netting, got to love it the cost to me $0.00
            Last edited by thebowhunters; 01-02-2008, 07:07 PM.

Comment

any pics of it?

Comment

send me some pics if you dont mind. do you think its to obig to have in some wide open country? sounds pretty large.

Comment

Any pics yet?

Comment

No pics. That project came to a complete stand still due to laziness I guess.

Comment

This thread needs pictures....

Comment

Working...
                      X