Welding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welding

So I bought a really cheap welder off of eBay for 35 bucks free ship and I couldn't believe it so you know it was straight out of China. I have been fighting trying to figure this thing out watching YouTube videos some really great information out there and today I finally achieved one of my nicest 3-inch beads it I'm using 1/16 e6013 if 55 amps on 1/8 inch sheet metal tube scraps. After I get this little thing figured out I will definitely upgrade myself to a way better welder.
    Attached Files

You certainly picked a bad set up to try to learn welding. With most rods, you need to keep the rod no more distance from the metal than the thickness of the rod. So trying to weld keeping the rod within 1/16th inch from the metal is hard to do for any one let alone some one just starting. You will have a much easier time with 1/8" rods when you get a machine that will handle them.

Comment

Just keep practicing. I know it's a cheap machine, but it's good you started out with stick rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a lincoln a.c. 225 stick welder for sale if your interested. $225

Comment

Everlast makes some real nice welders, very affordable models too.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonR6ryda View Post
            So I bought a really cheap welder off of eBay for 35 bucks free ship and I couldn't believe it so you know it was straight out of China. I have been fighting trying to figure this thing out watching YouTube videos some really great information out there and today I finally achieved one of my nicest 3-inch beads it I'm using 1/16 e6013 if 55 amps on 1/8 inch sheet metal tube scraps. After I get this little thing figured out I will definitely upgrade myself to a way better welder.

If you are ever in the lake jackson/Freeport area hit me up. You can come over to the shop and I'll show you how to glue some metal together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
            X