My New Halon 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
    Little more hump little harder stop into the wall but much smoother then I thought with a dual cam. What I think makes this different it's not as fast as others but maintains the smooth draw cycle.

that said back into the wall and it's locked, I have a real hard time finding the sweet spot on let down it goes from nothing to yanking on it pretty quick.
    Originally posted by Michael View Post
    Those are some sweet looking rigs! I was tempted to shoot one, but I'm still fond of my HTR that's less than a year old. Maybe next year!
    I think I am on the same page with you Michael.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Those are some sweet looking rigs! I was tempted to shoot one, but I'm still fond of my HTR that's less than a year old. Maybe next year!
      I shot my HTR and the halon side by side yesterday and I really like the halon. I sure did kill a lot of deer and a couple of monsters with my HTR so it's definitely a shooter

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
        I spent an hour at WHA setting mine up . . . . hope to hunt right after xmas with my brother in law.

only shot enough to get a bullet hole and the peep and kisser set.

Woke up saturday morning to shoot it in.

First three shots at center low 5" and left 2" all three arrows touching
        Second three shots 2" low and left 2" all three arrows touching
        Third three shots left 2" all touching
        Fourth slight adjustment to center of the ring

Went back to start shooting for practice and first arrow I hear a pop. Once I compose myself I start looking for the arrow to make sure there isn't someone dead i find it a few yards directly to my right with a busted nock. Either I didn't clip the arrow on fully or the nock fell apart (which is more likely)

So my first halon, which was shooting lights out died in 30 minutes of it's first shooting session!
        I think i am going to check my nocks after i flex my arrows from now on, sounds like its worth an extra 2 seconds. Sorry about the bad luck.

Comment

I have had a Halon 6 tactical on order since the week before thanksgiving and I still have not received it. Needless to say I am getting a little impatience now.

Comment

I have an HTX, but shot a Halon6 today and that extra speed is addicting. Makes me consider selling my HTX and getting a Halon, but wonder if I will give up some accuracy. I have had a lot of shoulder surgery so after a 6 year span of never touching a bow I tried a synergy and a htx because no halons around at that time (christmas) and went with the htx. Now shooting the halon today...Im 2nd guessing myself. I was told to stay away from the speed bows due to the draw, but the halon didnt seem that bad...but that was only about a dozen shots.

Comment

I finally got my Halon 6 in last week, I am left handed and have had to wait since the first week in December but it was worth it. I don't know how to post pics but it looks sweet wih the custom lime green strings on it.

Comment

Working...
              X