2015 Waco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flex View Post
    How many guys bow hunt Waco? Is it crazy since they opened it up to everybody? Was scared to try it last year even though I scouted all summer.
    Its not really that bad compared to whitney.

Comment

I scouted a few areas last summer. There's another small area I never realized was public I keep meaning to scout for this year but haven't yet.

I just figured there would be somebody sitting behind every tree with a 1987 buckmaster bow and their two good arrows.

Comment

Hunted four times last year and never saw a soul. I also was hunting on Friday mornings.

Comment

I may have to try it again. I only scouted HB and never saw anything but pigs while scouting. Would like to check out the other side of the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by HenduAg View Post
            How did the tbh'ers do at the draw? I got lucky and got drawn maybe 15th overall. Hopefully I will be as lucky during my hunt.
            Yes without a doubt you are lucky, not just this year every year. Good luck this year. I got drawn very near the end and got one of the 3 day slots at the end of the season. May be tagged out by then so may not even use it but it is there if I need it.

Comment

Originally posted by topher5999 View Post
              Yes without a doubt you are lucky, not just this year every year. Good luck this year. I got drawn very near the end and got one of the 3 day slots at the end of the season. May be tagged out by then so may not even use it but it is there if I need it.
              3 day slot here too. Last three days of horn season. Maybe slim pickings.

Comment

Yep thats what I am thinking I am 29th thru the 31st

Comment

What are y'all drawing for at Waco? To hunt during gun season?

Comment

Yes gun season

Comment

Originally posted by topher5999 View Post
                      They say it's better to be lucky than good. :-)

Comment

I finally got out and did some walking yesterday. Seen 3 pigs and good sign. The flooding really changed some stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by GunnerHunter View Post
                          I finally got out and did some walking yesterday. Seen 3 pigs and good sign. The flooding really changed some stuff up.
                          Are you on the north or the south side of the lake? My buddy and I got drawn for hog creek in late November. We still need to do some scouting. Hoping we can make it out there this weekend with some of the cooler/not blazing hot temps.

Comment

Originally posted by jhatt87 View Post
                            Are you on the north or the south side of the lake? My buddy and I got drawn for hog creek in late November. We still need to do some scouting. Hoping we can make it out there this weekend with some of the cooler/not blazing hot temps.
                            What week are you at hog creek? I'm there thanksgiving week. Would be nice if it were you that I was sharing with so we could discuss prior to. Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by HenduAg View Post
                              What week are you at hog creek? I'm there thanksgiving week. Would be nice if it were you that I was sharing with so we could discuss prior to. Let me know.
                              I'm there November 28th through December 4th. If you are going over thanksgiving weekend you must be there the week before me. Are you heading out there for the archery only season too? I've never hunted out there but I've been going over Google maps trying to locate some possible hot spots and should get out there this weekend or the next. I can't wait!

Comment

I was out at hog creek when I seen the pigs. That is where I wanted to go if I got drawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X