Doves and Indians

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doves and Indians

This past weekend The family and I got an invite to head way out west for some doves. My better half and son had never seen this part of Texas so we left around lunch Friday and tried to beat sundown. It was an adventure to say the least which all started with a fuel stop outside del Rio where we had to fight a pair of trash pandas to the front door

This place was roughly 21 miles off the road and along the Terrell and val verde county line. Essentially BFE! Recent rains had the roads in less than stellar conditions which stated us off laughing as we bounced down the roads.

By some miracle we found camp in the dark and got settled in. Saturday morning we rode around checking things out and spotted a few Texas muleys a horny toad. With little dove action we walked to an old Indian camp the landowner had told us about. That was worth the trip in itself. Paintings and stuff lined the walls of a creek. The water was up so we couldn't get over to most of it

That afternoon the doves were a little better and my wife was finally able to connect with her new scattergun. In fact she went 3 for 4 and is convinced all she needed was that beretta [emoji16]

Great trip and a good time had by all

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Toads are always and awesome sighting. Glad your son got to see one.

Comment

Pure awesomeness!! Oh and I agree with your bride... With that Benelli, those gray streaks in the sky don't have a chance!!
      Love that country... used to hunt out that way.

Comment

Those paintings are awesome!

Comment

Nice grinding hole rock.

Comment

Originally posted by DesertDug View Post
            Nice grinding hole rock.
            There was 3 or more up above the creek. There was a few miles of that creek bed I would love to hike and see what we could find.

Lots of rain out that way had it wet and muddy!

Comment

pretty cool adventure and really cool coloring on that toad!

Comment

Great trip, thanks for taking us along!

Comment

Great family time. Love the pics.

Comment

Awesome stuff.

Comment

Looks to have been an awesome trip. Really cool to see the old Indian camp.

Comment

Good stuff.. thanks for the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                          pretty cool adventure and really cool coloring on that toad!
                          Its been years since ive seen one. He was softer than i remember but at the size i assumed it was cause of his age.

Comment

That country out there is beautiful especially when it rains.. sorry to hear momma out shot you. She probably out fishes you too

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                              That country out there is beautiful especially when it rains.. sorry to hear momma out shot you. She probably out fishes you too
                              Oh no you didn't!!...

Comment

Working...
                              X