I can feel it coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can feel it coming

Hurried back to the farm from my hog hunt with Mark to get everything ready for me being gone all week.
    Feeders checked, water hauled, protein filled.

I was changing out a battery on one of the protein auger feeders when I felt it.

I Kinda smelled it but then not really. It was in the 90s so it wasn't a cool breeze. I'm not sure what brought it on but suddenly it felt like hunting season is close. Put a little spring in my step to the point my wife asked what was up.

It s still plenty hot and dry but it will not last much longer. The rain will come, the heat will break and I will be out hanging on the side of a pine tree trying to put a arrow through one of these hammer headed Marion county does.

It is good to be alive. I have had the great fortune to hunt some really cool critters in far away and but something about good old east Texas whitetail still gets me pumped
    Last edited by Buff; 08-19-2013, 04:17 PM.

It's cool how the smallest things can just pump you up instantly!! Get em all the time

Comment

Yes sir, it is getting close!!!!!

Can't wait!

Bisch

Comment

I made chili this weekend it must be close.

Comment

my neck is starting to swell. lol

Comment

I felt it this saturday. It was the cool morning air. Made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post

It is good to be alive.
              Yes it is Marty....

Comment

Must be nice!

Comment

The big wheel in the sky keeps on turning - we are getting there. Before you know it we will walk out of the house at dawn and feel that little nip in the air get that ol' time feelin' once again. We are now patiently grinding through the last few weeks of the annual summer death march. It's coming........

Comment

I was on the toilet when I first read the title!! But I hear ya on the whitetail!!!

Comment

I was just telling the wife last week that something in the air was different.

Comment

8 Days from now I will be on the road to Colorado for 12 days of elk hunting. Talk about feeling it coming! This is the season kick off for me. Was talking to a local around the area I hunt and he said the bulls are screaming. He had one at 85 yards on Saturday pi$$ed. Longbow(Lyudmila) is ready to go.

Glenn

Comment

Yep. We are one Friday night away from our first game!

Comment

What a great feeling!

Comment

The last few days have been unseasonably cool here and I'm definitely getting in the mood. Only 18 days until our season starts down in NC.

Comment

Working...
                              X