Fast flight flemish string--- stretch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast flight flemish string--- stretch?

Just bought a OMP ff flemish string for my Sarrels longbow. I am about an 1 1/4 off to have correct brace height of 8 inches. Just wondering will it stretch to 8 inches over time shooting it? Thanks ,Tony

It wont stretch nearly that much Tony. Try untwisting it some.

Comment

A well made Flemish string should "settle" about a 1/4 to 3/8th pending the maker and that is mostly the strands settling into each other. There is no real "stretch" at least not with my strings. I pre stretch my strings. It will come to you 3/8th short than length requested. After a shoot in session of 12-15 arrows it'll be right on the money, give or take a twist or two.

Sounds like you might have to get another one.
      Last edited by Greywolf in Hawaii; 08-08-2013, 05:52 PM.

Comment

If it's fast flight, very doubtful. That's the idea behind fast flight is the no stretch. I really doubt that you could untwist it enough to fit with out it coming apart. Dang I'm a slow typer, wasn't anything posted when I started my responce!

Comment

Thanks for info!! pretty new to shooting traditional bows .. I love it . This year going to commit to my longbow . Practice practice practice hopefully I will be ready for bow season. Compound staying in closet This year!

Comment

Well, having a Sarrels is a great way to start!!! Oh, and welcome to the FUN side of archery!

Comment

Originally posted by trad"Doc"53 View Post
              Well, having a Sarrels is a great way to start!!! Oh, and welcome to the FUN side of archery!
              X2 It's definitely a blast on the trad side!

Comment

Working...
              X