Hole Digging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hole Digging

How long would it take to dig a 6' X 6' hole 4-1/2' deep with a backhoe? This would be in South Texas, so it's not too rocky.

1) Assume you are a pro with a backhoe.
    2) Assume you can work a backhoe, but are inexperienced.

Here is the backhoe:

Depends, how wide is the bucket, and all that good stuff. Soil type etc. Also, are you filling it back in?
    1. 15 minutes
    2. 20-30.
    The hole your wanting to dig isn't big at all. With that backhoe you'd be done in no time.

Comment

Shouldn't take you maybe 30min at the most. Its not too hard to run a backhoe.

Comment

Not very long. Also depends on bucket size. I would figure about an hour, give or take pending hoe "pretty" it needs to be.

Comment

20 - 30 minutes max 8 yrs on the hoe.

Comment

Pen my dogs up in the area you want dug and they'll be done in a couple of hours.

Comment

Originally posted by ramrod View Post
              Not very long. Also depends on bucket size. I would figure about an hour, give or take pending hoe "pretty" it needs to be.
              How pretty it needs to be is also a time factor.

Comment

Thanks. I am going to set a pit blind in it and then fill it back in.

Comment

I cannt run one worth a crap just good enough to get the job done. I dug a 6'x6'x 10' hole once in 30-45 min. So some with experience could really nock it out. 15-20 min.

Comment

Less time if you use the front bucket. If you are going to back fill any way and not bad soil!

Comment

I would think i could dig one in about 15 min. unless its solid rock then it would take longer

Comment

Originally posted by bigdaddy590 View Post
                        Pen my dogs up in the area you want dug and they'll be done in a couple of hours.
                        Sound like my Labs. Ha ha ha. My Dad call my Big Chocolate Lab "Backhoe".

Comment

30 mins to pick up undocumented workers.
                          2 hrs trying to get them to under stand what you want.
                          5 hrs to dig hole
                          30 mins to take them back and drop them off at the emigration office
                          Watching them bail out of the truck without getting paid,
                          PRICELESS .

Comment

a 6x6 hole, dug quickly.....

hummm, what are you up to?

Comment

I am just setting up a pit blind, no funny business!

White Falcon, can you please explain how using the front bucket would take less time? It could save me renting a backhoe.

Comment

Working...
                              X