Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Genital
    Boned

Cleaniong the Dr Pepper off my screen.....

Comment

There's 5 of us going next month on the 8th and 9th. We're hunting Friday and Saturday. Javier ( the ranch manager) claims we want be disappointed. I hope he's right. He does seem to be real easy to work with, from the conversations we've had. We're going after exotics, hogs, and turkey.
      Well keep ya'll posted

Comment

Not that good of a report from CCR. Got back yesterday from CCR, ended up being 4 of us going. We got there Thursday after noon as planed and no Javier (guide) . I called him and he was in Uvalde with his girl friend. He said he would be there for the morning hunt. He showed up at 9:00am , 3 hr's late. Took us out, I saw 1 Axis buck, still in velvet.(can't shoot), know one else saw anything. Afternoon hunt not any better, nothing seen. Sat. morning, nothing seen. Sat. evening , 2 hogs shot, none recovered. Fair hog lease, not so fair exotic lease. Camp was trashed from previous hunters. Dogs running all over the place. Want go back.

Comment

Man that sucks

Comment

That sucks. I went there a few years ago and it was ok. I shot an auodad ewe and a hog and my wife shot a ram and a hog. Sounds like it's going down hill. The guide when I went was Steve and did his best to get us on game.

Comment

Sounds like you need a partial refund if you lost hunting time at their fault.

Comment

Yes it left a very bad taste in our mouth from him not offering us an extra morning hunt to make it up. But no offer, so that why I will never go back or recommend this place ever again. This place could be really good if it had someone who gives a ****.

Comment

What a shame, this sort of thing needs to come to a stop, only wish we knew how, these forums will hopefully be seen by the owners and the guide. Thanks for the heads up, sorry you had a bad trip...

Comment

I assume Maurice Chambers still owns the place, call him.

Comment

Originally posted by Terry View Post
                      I assume Maurice Chambers still owns the place, call him.
                      X2

Comment

To be honest, having 100 bucks killed in 4 years and openly admitting nothing bigger than a 140 whitetail being shot makes it a no-go for paying for me. The exotics may be a different story though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a hunt booked there. Maurice Chambers does own the ranch. I love hunting at Chambers, in the top 3 places I have hunted at the pricing they have. I am hoping for decent results at CCR, but based on what I am hearing it may not be worth it. We all have different hunting styles though, I have found at these types of places you have to think WAY outside the box to be successful. If you are going for a relaxing weekend, you probably will not kill much. You have to work your tail off at places like this. I will give a report after our trip the second week of bow season!

Comment

I hunted there a few years ago has a lot of whitetail and decent Rams find a good trail and build you a homemade brush blind !! Has a cool hunting lodge on top of the barn nice stock tank so take your fishing pole for middle of the day down time !

Comment

Years ago Mr. Chambers told me that he is trying to offer the average bowhunter an average chance at an average deer. He said if you want hunt P&Y deer his was not the place. With that said I have hunted his ranches several times. Each time was fun although I did not get an animal every time. What I did learn ,bring your A game. His place made me a better bow hunter.

Comment

Ive hunted his place in Sabinal several times for hogs but saw many other exotics. Didn't see much in way of Whitetail. I have been thinking about doing the CCR thing though so an update after the hunt would be great.

Comment

Working...
                                X