Lake Amistad Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Amistad Hunting

I will be working in Del Rio in a week or so for about a month. What is the hunting like around Amistad national forest. Worth bringing bow or just fishing gear.

Originally posted by Marco View Post
    I will be working in Del Rio in a week or so for about a month. What is the hunting like around Amistad national forest. Worth bringing bow or just fishing gear.
    Yes it is.Lots of Aoudad and mouflon sheep.There are some nice deer also.Be in shape though.Lots of hills.You will need a permit though.May call ahead and see if they are open first.Good luck.

Comment

National Park Service (Amistad)

All hunt areas and boat ramps are closed until further notice; however, a resolution allowing the funding of National Parks until 12/15//2013 has been announced on national news. Who knows? Whatever the case may be, I hope something gets resolved.

Comment

I just drove by parks office and couldn't believe they have been affected by government issues. What else is there to do there I Del Rio. I'm in Del Rio quite a bit but never for length of time I'm about to.

Comment

NPS Amistad

There isnt much to do here so if you are not a local you might go nuts. The fishing and hunting is a great release. Bring your bow and rods and just keep them on hot standby. Things might change in the next day(s).

Comment

things to do in Del Rio u want to get tanked go to the Winery look it up I think its like $10 to do the wine tasting .... oldest running winery in Texas.....

Comment

Yeah hopefully it opens back up. Been to a couple of places like Doc Hollidays, Grudzukis, I think thats how its spelled. Also a club right there on that main street going though town. Then there us wild horse saloon.

Comment

Go to Bracketville (an hour east on 90), swim in their HUGE spring-fed pool, and take a tour of Kickapoo Caverns state park. Be sure to stay till sunset to see a half-million (yea you read that right) bats come out of stewart bat cave. It's a sight you won't ever forget.

Comment

Wow. I gotta check that out.

Comment

Working...
                  X