LSBA Youth Hunt at Bugscuffle Ranch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LSBA Youth Hunt at Bugscuffle Ranch

My son Michael was one of the lucky youngster drawn for the hunt at Bugscuffle Ranch. It was his first hunt at a game ranch and probably only 10th time bow hunting. We got there Thursday/EARLY Friday morning got up and got to visit with the Brian Keeling and the Steins during the morning. The other families began to arrive. Michael ended up being the only traditional shooter and was also one of the oldest. They all got to warm up with their bows and make sure everyone was ready for their first trip to the stand. Michael got to go out with Bud Murphy the first trip and I got to work! They only saw two deer and they never got close enough for a shot. The next morning got to go to the stand by himself. Just before the feeder went off he had a big black pig come in. He presented a shot and Michael got his first bow kill. He sat back down and 10 minutes later a white tail came in and presented himself. He shot and got his second bow kill! When he returned to the bunk house you could hear him hollar from inside, "Dad, I got a pig". I have to say it was one of the most exciting hunts I have been on and never went to a stand. I am so proud of him, he has put in hours of practice and it has finally paid off.

Todd SmithClick image for larger version

Name:	Michael's pig.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	142.5 KB
ID:	24871695

P.S. He was using his Robert Lutkenhaus "Predator Bow", Jeff Murray's "10 Again" arrows.

That's awesome! Congrats, Michael!

Pic of the deer too?

Comment

great deal for you guys, congrats. Way to go Bugscuffle and LSBA for providing the opportunity.

Comment

Awesome, Todd!
        Check that: I meant to say AWESOME, MICHAEL! Congratulations!

Comment

That's a great accomplishment for a young man! Congrats.

Comment

That is awesome, Congrats to your son. Thanks Bugscuffle Ranch and Lone Star Bowhunters Association for supporting the youth and making this happen.
            Bob

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

nice job

Comment

Congrats, Michael!!!! The first one is one you will remember your whole life.

Bisch

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by BOBSTER View Post
                        That is awesome, Congrats to your son. Thanks Bugscuffle Ranch and Lone Star Bowhunters Association for supporting the youth and making this happen.
                        Bob
                        X2

Comment

Greatness

Comment

That is so Cool!!!!

Congrats young man!!

Comment

Originally posted by BOBSTER View Post
                              Bob
                              could not agree more Bob. THe Keelings and Bugscuffle are allways so awesome.Congrats to you to Tood for job well done on passing archery to the next generation . Looks like he has some of the same shooting skills as the oldman.

Comment

Working...
                              X