Non trad bowhunting question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non trad bowhunting question

OK, if someone has a 7 way plug-in for towing an Rv on the back bumper and want one in the side of the bed in front of the fender well; when you mount the new plug-in, can you wire into the one aready installed, and both work? Any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Doc, pm LMButler, he'll fix ya right up-providing you do what he suggests.

Comment

Yes! You can get a plug that snaps right in from etrailer.com. Then you won't have to splice any wires! Are you going to put another Rv plug in the bed also?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What make and year of truck?

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Sanders View Post
          Yes! You can get a plug that snaps right in from etrailer.com. Then you won't have to splice any wires! Are you going to put another Rv plug in the bed also?

I already have one in the rear bumper. I was wanting to mount one in front of the fenderwell in the bed.

Comment

I had one I put on myself and all you do is unplug the wiring harness from the plug in the bumper and plug in the splice with new wiring harness and your done, except for drilling a hole in the bed and mounting the new plug!

Comment

Video required..

Comment

Originally posted by Jason Sanders View Post
                I had one I put on myself and all you do is unplug the wiring harness from the plug in the bumper and plug in the splice with new wiring harness and your done, except for drilling a hole in the bed and mounting the new plug!

This! I got a plug-in harness like this for my dad's truck. All I had to do was get underneath at the back end of the truck and unplug the wiring that goes to the factory plug. Then you just install this new harness between the two plugs(kinda like a "tee") and route it up between the outer quarter panel and the bed to the new plug(after drilling a hole in the bed for the new plug).

Doc, I bet you can find the adapter harness you need out at the KOA campground there in Belton(most are vehicle specific). Either that or at Husky's trailer parts just North of Temple on the Southbound side of 35. I got mine at Spillars custom hitches here in Austin but they are probably available cheaper elsewhere.

Comment

Thanks all! I appreciate the info!

Comment

Working...
                  X