Spending the night in a blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spending the night in a blind

I have a solid deer coming in to a feeder. Problem is he shows up all night long at the feeder. I don’t want to bump him trying to get in the stand in the am. Looks like the first chance I get, I will hunt him in the evening and if he doesn’t show I will spend the night in my 6x8 blind and hunt the next morning. Anyone ever done this?

Nope.. I've never been that mad at one..

Comment

No..not that mad at them .

Comment

I’m going to need pics of said buck to form an opinion.

But no, I’ve never done that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes. I had a 10 pointer in East Texas that I would get busted by each morning I went in to hunt that blind. I finally went out there about 9pm and spent the night. I woke up the next morning to the sound of him crunching corn.

Comment

I've spent nights in my blind had hog lights set up and we'd pop hogs at night as well. Took short naps. Been years since I've done that but as big as your blind is you could drop a cot down

Comment

Spent plenty of nights sleeping in a blind at my buddy’s place down in south Texas. Some of the best sleep I get actually lol

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Yes. I had a 10 pointer in East Texas that I would get busted by each morning I went in to hunt that blind. I finally went out there about 9pm and spent the night. I woke up the next morning to the sound of him crunching corn.
                .....and

Comment

My snoring would push him out of the state!

Comment

Would there be anything to legally prevent this on public land, I wonder? Thinking, make an evening hunt, just stay in pop-up overnight, and be ready in the morning.

Comment

I’m out. I love to hunt. I mean, I love to hunt. But stay the night in the blind? Nah.

Just get in an hour earlier than you typically like. If it’s meant to happen, the stars will align. I have a hard enough time sitting in a blind for more than 3 hours, let alone sleeping in one.

Burn out exists.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                        Would there be anything to legally prevent this on public land, I wonder? Thinking, make an evening hunt, just stay in pop-up overnight, and be ready in the morning.
                        Dont believe your allowed to camp accept in designated camping areas.

OP, I ain't going to do it because I dont think it would do any good.but best of luck to ya.

Comment

Sucker would have to be huge for me to sleep in a blind

Comment

I totally agree with you. This would be the biggest deer I have killed for sure. I really think I can kill him but I gotta play my cards right. Other concern he is in a pasture that had had all mesquite's removed. He can see me a long way.
                            Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                            I’m out. I love to hunt. I mean, I love to hunt. But stay the night in the blind? Nah.

Just get in an hour earlier than you typically like. If it’s meant to happen, the stars will align. I have a hard enough time sitting in a blind for more than 3 hours, let alone sleeping in one.

Burn out exists.
                            Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

A man has to do what it takes to get the job done. If it’s worth it to you, why not spend the night? Could be fun arrowing some pigs. That’s the nice thing about bow hunting. Hardly any noise. Lots of options. [emoji1]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X