Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awkward Morning :(

I'm not looking for atta boys!! Just sharing my feelings

Got to Church this am and found out I was part of the Color Guard for Veterans Day Services. We just carried the US Flag and Christian Flag. I was Right Guard.

I did shave and polish my boots this AM. Didn't know why I did till I got here.

For me, I didn't serve for the accolades I served to protect America. I was willing to go to combat to protect my Brother in Arms.
    When I get recognized it makes me feel akward.
    I try my best to smile through it.

Am I the only one?

There was around 20 of us. Only 4 of us was Jarheads

No need to feel awkward. Hold your head high and feel proud of what you’ve done. You’re part of the reason why America is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yea... I feel the same way. I appreciate the thank you for your service but some times I feel its to much..

Comment

No your not alone, Sometimes I keep to myself that I'm a veteran and served in the Iraq war I lost a lot of my brothers and when someone finds out that I am a veteran to me a handshake and thank you is all I need!!!

Comment

And if duty calls and this country needs us to fight a bigger war I would do it all over again cause I love my country and the people that support the military!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfpack0311 View Post
            No your not alone, Sometimes I keep to myself that I'm a veteran and served in the Iraq war I lost a lot of my brothers and when someone finds out that I am a veteran to me a handshake and thank you is all I need!!!
            Same here

Comment

Not sure if it helps, but do get asked if I ever served fairly often & makes me feel very awkward as well in other aspects. While it gives me the opportunity to thank in return, I always feel the need to share my regret for not serving my country in some capacity.

For us civi patriots who value the honor of those who have served / serving, I would encourage you to try & enjoy the moment...there are many more like myself who look back & wish what could have been. You guys are the real heroes & deserve some occasional recognition.

Thank you.

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                Not sure if it helps, but do get asked if I ever served fairly often & makes me feel very awkward as well in other aspects. While it gives me the opportunity to thank in return, I always feel the need to share my regret for not serving my country in some capacity.

For us civi patriots who value the honor of those who have served / serving, I would encourage you to try & enjoy the moment...there are many more like myself who look back & wish what could have been. You guys are the real heroes & deserve some occasional recognition.

Thank you.

Paul
                This.

I get asked a lot because of my affiliation with USAA, which I only have through my dad.

It will forever be a regret of mine, as well.

Comment

Awkward Morning

What do you mean you shaved and polish your boots and didn't know why until you got there?

Did someone tell you to shave and polish them?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    What do you mean you shaved and polish your boots and didn't know why until you got there?

Did someone tell you to shave and polish them?
                    I normally have a beard and my boots were dusty not dirty and didn't really need polished.

I just felt compelled to shave and polish my boots. During Sunday School my wife went home and got my suit so I could change.

Since I'd already shaved and polished my boots I was looking good.

To answer the WHO told me to shave and polish my boots.
                    I was compelled by the Holy Spirit.

Comment

Thank you for your service and to all of you that have served. It is because of men and women like you whose sacrifice make all of our freedom possible. And yes , it’s always the Holy Spirit!

Comment

Thank you for your service

Comment

Our service includes a slide show of church veterans, and then the service songs are played. Each member is asked and encouraged to stand when their service song is played. I am proud to stand when the Army song is played and I think all of our vets feel the same.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasRough1256 View Post
                            yea... I feel the same way. I appreciate the thank you for your service but some times I feel its to much..
                            I feel the same way.

Comment

I am proud of what I stand for and honored that I was able to fight next to some of the bravest marines that gave their lives and we Fly both the American and Marine Corps proudly out our home to me that's what lets people know who I am and what I'm proud of!!

Comment

Working...
                              X