Bersa Thunder 380

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bersa Thunder 380

Who has one, and what do you think of it? I currently carry a Taurus tcp. It’s a great size for carrying, but I don’t shoot it well past 10-15 yards. I want a slightly larger-framed gun that’s easier to shoot accurately. I still want a gun that’s small enough to conceal easily, and I like the idea of Double-action/single-action over standard double-action or striker fire.

Opinions of the standard vs. concealed-carry models? How’s the trigger on each?

Thanks.

The Bersa is my everyday carry because it is very easy to conceal and shoot. The trigger is really very good from a hammer back position but a little long and a little stiff if firing double action. It’s what I’ve been carrying every day for the past several years and re-qualified with last go round.

Comment

If you’ve never fired one, try to find a Ruger LC9s to borrow and shoot. About the same size as the Bersa, step up to 9mm with same round count, beautiful trigger for a carry piece. Mine fits in my front pocket easy peasy.

Comment

I have the Bersa Concealed Carry model. It is slightly smaller than the standard size and so easy to conceal. It's been my edc for over 10 years.

Comment

It's a good little gun for the money. I sold mine because I didn't care for .380 but it was perfectly fine. Especially on a budget.

Comment

Had one and wish I would t have sold it. Shot good and functioned every time.

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

I have one. It is a fine pistol. I upgraded to a glock 43. The glock is lighter, better trigger and is a 9mm.

About the only ammo I would carry in 380 is that critical defense because it won’t expand to the point of sacrificing penetration below FBI specs.

The other hollow points expand too much to the point the penetration suffers.

Comment

Originally posted by bm22 View Post
                I have one. It is a fine pistol. I upgraded to a glock 43. The glock is lighter, better trigger and is a 9mm.

About the only ammo I would carry in 380 is that critical defense because it won’t expand to the point of sacrificing penetration below FBI specs.

The other hollow points expand too much to the point the penetration suffers.
                You mention the Glock has a better trigger. Glocks are striker fire, right? I’ve shot a couple striker fire guns but not a Glock. Didn’t care for it that much. The single action/double action guns I have shot had a “set” trigger pull once the hammer is back. Ie no creep, like a rifle’s trigger pull. I like that. How would you describe the Bersa’s trigger? I need to get to the range and rent one.

Thanks for the insight RE ammo.

Comment

I like mine

Comment

Working...
                  X