Bucks are shedding their velvet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bucks are shedding their velvet.

Had a couple does and couple young bucks come into the backyard fedder this afternoon. One of the bucks was in velvet, the other was bloody and hard horned. I think this is the earliest I have seen them shed the velvet.

It’s about time

Comment

Guess my peach trees will be all tore when I get home next week. They do it every year.

Comment

yeah, they do that to a plum tree in the back. They killed the peach tree I had.

Comment

Headed to the Ranch this weekend, Mountain Home, Real County, hope to see the 18 pointer without velvet

Comment

A bunch of ours are still growing

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

I had few younger bucks that have shed but my main buck still has velvet.

Comment

Had a rub on a tree in my front yard last week. They have started in Lavaca County.

Comment

last year I saw a nice 10 point that was still in full velvet first day of archery. I was suprised to see that so late in September.

Comment

I've seen a few hard horned ones in East Texas this week.

Comment

Got a picture yesterday of one rubbed out at our Rocksprings lease.

Comment

Pulled cam cards today and the one buck I have had so far is hard-horned. A week ago he was still fuzzy.

Comment

I have a hard horned young one in Oklahoma right now, the rest are still in velvet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kranks View Post
                            last year I saw a nice 10 point that was still in full velvet first day of archery. I was suprised to see that so late in September.
                            I had one a couple of years ago that was still in full velvet the first week in November. We were thinking that maybe he had been injured and might end up being a stag but he came into hard antler a week or so later.

Comment

I hav had one traveling behind my house that has had hard horns for about two weeks now.

Comment

Working...
                              X