Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2018, 12:13 AM   #1301
ladrones
Pope & Young
 
ladrones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
After Richís other thread on winning the weight loss competition, I watched The Science of Fasting on amazon and several good YouTube videos. I was already in ketosis when I started my first ever 48 hour fast and I was surprised how easy it was. Had a small keto meal yesterday at lunch and started again, this time with only electrolyte water and no coffee. I have a headache from the coffee withdrawal but otherwise feel great. Gonna try for at least 3 days this time. Wonít weigh til I finish but I can tell Iím dropping big already.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The longest I have done so far is three days. I just had broth and water.
ladrones is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 01:20 PM   #1302
dezigirl78
Eight Point
 
dezigirl78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Ft Worth
Hunt In: Anywhere I can/invite
Default

I started keto 6/19. I lost about 7lbs within the first week, but then it came to a halt. 4 weeks and only 7lbs was starting to disappoint. Then I watched the Netflix documentary, "The Magic Pill". Wow... what an eye opener. I was doing dirty keto and didn't know it.
This week I decided to clean it up. No dairy, 16 hour intermittent fasting. All organic veggies and grass-fed meats.
Yesterday was day 1 - this morning I weighed in 3lbs down.
I have no idea what to expect from this, maybe my body was just shocked, maybe you can actually lose weight this fast... maybe it will all be back tomorrow. I'm simply reporting the facts - today I am down 3lbs from yesterday.
dezigirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 08:03 PM   #1303
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young
 
BigThicketBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barbers Hill Tx
Hunt In: Hardin Co
Default

Started 3 weeks ago at 197 .
Just got off the scales@ 185.
I think at 175 I'm gonna start to work out.
Need to get some good recipes starting to get bored with the same old meals. I and I need a good way I have something that tastes taste sweet too easy on the sweet tooth

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 08:18 PM   #1304
JRB868
Spike
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Montana 2017!!!!!!
Default

Down 15lbs, feel great. Just got a keto mojo blood meter and have started to monitor more effecient ketone levels for burning stored body fat not just dietary fat. Side note, keto cast iron meals are awesome, goggle them!
JRB868 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 08:43 PM   #1305
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: CO and NM if I'm lucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
Started 3 weeks ago at 197 .
Just got off the scales@ 185.
I think at 175 I'm gonna start to work out.
Need to get some good recipes starting to get bored with the same old meals. I and I need a good way I have something that tastes taste sweet too easy on the sweet tooth

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
You should be able to taste natural sweetness of black coffee after 3 weeks. Anything with a sweetener can cause more cravings.
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 10:30 PM   #1306
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young
 
BigThicketBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barbers Hill Tx
Hunt In: Hardin Co
Default

Just watched it...WOW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezigirl78 View Post
I started keto 6/19. I lost about 7lbs within the first week, but then it came to a halt. 4 weeks and only 7lbs was starting to disappoint. Then I watched the Netflix documentary, "The Magic Pill". Wow... what an eye opener. I was doing dirty keto and didn't know it.
This week I decided to clean it up. No dairy, 16 hour intermittent fasting. All organic veggies and grass-fed meats.
Yesterday was day 1 - this morning I weighed in 3lbs down.
I have no idea what to expect from this, maybe my body was just shocked, maybe you can actually lose weight this fast... maybe it will all be back tomorrow. I'm simply reporting the facts - today I am down 3lbs from yesterday.
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-17-2018, 10:57 PM   #1307
Still Hunter
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tx
Hunt In: Tex, Kansas, Colorado, New Mexico
Default

Starting back on my Keto yesterday. I lost almost 50 lbs last June 15th to September 15th. I slowly put back on six to seven lbs and hovered at 200 for months. I have binged a little recently on some trips the last two months and ate very well. But now I am back up to 208, (still better than 241 -242) so I hitting it again to get back down. So far it is much easier the second time around. The mental aspect is already under control. I am hoping to get to about 188 but wife says that is too thin.
Still Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 12:17 AM   #1308
Jamesdad07
Six Point
 
Jamesdad07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Rosenberg
Hunt In: Mostly Gonzalez county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedernal View Post
. Good luck getting back on it


Thanks! Iíll check in when Iím back on it for a while. Ended up putting on about 6 lbs in that short time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jamesdad07 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 09:40 AM   #1309
dezigirl78
Eight Point
 
dezigirl78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Ft Worth
Hunt In: Anywhere I can/invite
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
Just watched it...WOW.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Isn't it a great show?? I love how it dives into HOW we came up with our current way of eating and WHY going back to a high fat/quality protein/veggie diet can be so beneficial. I also loved seeing the progress of the autistic children. That is amazing. The diabetes results were very impressive as well. My honey watched it with me and he is a insulin dependent diabetic. When the lady said "You have cured your diabetes with your nutrition" - He said that's a lie - there is no cure for diabetes. He wasn't listening - the CURE for diabetes.... is your nutrition. But - until you tell him he can eat CFS, taters and gravy and mac n cheese and not have to take insulin... there is no cure. LOL!!
dezigirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 09:47 AM   #1310
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young
 
BigThicketBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barbers Hill Tx
Hunt In: Hardin Co
Default

I'd it will do that for an autistic child just think how much better it should have our minds functioning,
I watch another one on YouTube and the Dr was say just because your not in ketosis DOES NOT mean you're not burning fat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dezigirl78 View Post
Isn't it a great show?? I love how it dives into HOW we came up with our current way of eating and WHY going back to a high fat/quality protein/veggie diet can be so beneficial. I also loved seeing the progress of the autistic children. That is amazing. The diabetes results were very impressive as well. My honey watched it with me and he is a insulin dependent diabetic. When the lady said "You have cured your diabetes with your nutrition" - He said that's a lie - there is no cure for diabetes. He wasn't listening - the CURE for diabetes.... is your nutrition. But - until you tell him he can eat CFS, taters and gravy and mac n cheese and not have to take insulin... there is no cure. LOL!!
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 07:58 PM   #1311
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young
 
BigThicketBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barbers Hill Tx
Hunt In: Hardin Co
Default

Found this interesting.
https://youtu.be/G4_HLyxQly8

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 10:20 PM   #1312
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young
 
BigThicketBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barbers Hill Tx
Hunt In: Hardin Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRB868 View Post
Down 15lbs, feel great. Just got a keto mojo blood meter and have started to monitor more effecient ketone levels for burning stored body fat not just dietary fat. Side note, keto cast iron meals are awesome, goggle them!
You should watch the video I posted. Dr says you don't have to have ketones in your system to be burning fat.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-18-2018, 10:40 PM   #1313
HighwayHunter
Eight Point
 
HighwayHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
You should watch the video I posted. Dr says you don't have to have ketones in your system to be burning fat.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk


He said you donít have to be in Ketosis to burn fat. Being low carb will typically make your body produce a level of ketones, but being in Ketosis is more than just producing ketones. Iím not advocating you spend $160 on pruvit drinks (seriously donít buy those) to up your ketone levels, but being in Ketosis from what I understand will help you burn fat faster.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HighwayHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-19-2018, 10:09 PM   #1314
JRB868
Spike
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Fort Worth
Hunt In: Montana 2017!!!!!!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
You should watch the video I posted. Dr says you don't have to have ketones in your system to be burning fat.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Not at all. I'm just sharing what has worked better for my body type and eating habits. I've pretty much done it all when it comes to losing weight. Been battling it my whole life. This has worked best for me and I don't think about what I eat as long as I stay in that 1.0-1.5 range.
JRB868 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-19-2018, 10:32 PM   #1315
Moose
Ten Point
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Paradise, TX
Hunt In: Wood/Wise County
Default

Iím just going to leave this right here....
Keto friendly Cinnamon Pecan Zucchini bread courtesy of my better half

Moose is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-22-2018, 10:14 PM   #1316
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young
 
BigThicketBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barbers Hill Tx
Hunt In: Hardin Co
Default

I love Keto.
4 weeks down 19 lbs.
Just eating clean no exercise.


Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2018, 01:50 PM   #1317
CamoQuest
Ten Point
 
CamoQuest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Robertson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Iím just going to leave this right here....
Keto friendly Cinnamon Pecan Zucchini bread courtesy of my better half

Recipe or it didnít happen!
CamoQuest is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-23-2018, 08:55 PM   #1318
Moose
Ten Point
 
Moose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Paradise, TX
Hunt In: Wood/Wise County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamoQuest View Post
Recipe or it didnít happen!


Lol, here it is....she said she just substituted the pecans for the walnuts

https://pin.it/ruuxfyxjvtjkdc
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 02:16 PM   #1319
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: CO and NM if I'm lucky
Default

Expensive - yes
Incredible - YES!

Less than 1g carb in a package. Crunchy, cheese goodness



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 02:43 PM   #1320
MitchParker
Ten Point
 
MitchParker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Amarillo
Hunt In: Wherever I get an invite
Default

I started a week ago. So far down 7lbs. (probably mostly water weight). Goal is 152lbs - started 189.

I was 152 back in college when I was exercising regularly. Hope to get back to that weight.

Only going to weight myself every other week and take selfies of gut every other week to hopefully stay motivated that something is happening, even if the scale isn't moving.
MitchParker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 04:59 PM   #1321
CamoQuest
Ten Point
 
CamoQuest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Robertson County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Lol, here it is....she said she just substituted the pecans for the walnuts

https://pin.it/ruuxfyxjvtjkdc
Tell your wife sheís my new BFF, lol! Thank you!!!
CamoQuest is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 05:05 PM   #1322
oneisnone
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: North Dallas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
Expensive - yes
Incredible - YES!

Less than 1g carb in a package. Crunchy, cheese goodness



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just ordered those this week! Glad to hear that they donít taste like crap!
oneisnone is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 05:09 PM   #1323
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young
 
BigThicketBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barbers Hill Tx
Hunt In: Hardin Co
Default

Had some mct oil with my coffee this morning and my stomach hadn't been right all day.
Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 05:23 PM   #1324
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: CO and NM if I'm lucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneisnone View Post
I just ordered those this week! Glad to hear that they donít taste like crap!
Honestly, they taste a whole lot like the parmesan and cheddar salad crisps my wife found in the grocery store beside the croutons. These are lower carb though and will pack easy for hunting.
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 05:24 PM   #1325
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: CO and NM if I'm lucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
Had some mct oil with my coffee this morning and my stomach hadn't been right all day.
Anyone else experience this?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
How much did you use? Blend it? Was it emulsified or regular? I've never had an issue.
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 05:38 PM   #1326
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young
 
BigThicketBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barbers Hill Tx
Hunt In: Hardin Co
Default

Put a big squirt in a big yeti Tumblr with balck coffee.
Was going to get some heavy creamer but they were out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
How much did you use? Blend it? Was it emulsified or regular? I've never had an issue.
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 05:42 PM   #1327
Maddox
Ten Point
 
Maddox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Woodlands
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
Put a big squirt in a big yeti Tumblr with balck coffee.
Was going to get some heavy creamer but they were out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Lol, you need to measure MCT oil, and start low. I use 2 tablespoons per day in coffee (morning and afternoon). Start with 1/2 tablespoon for one week and work your way up.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 05:49 PM   #1328
HighwayHunter
Eight Point
 
HighwayHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Default

Tested my urine this morning at 80-160 mg/dL. Tested it a few minutes ago when I got home from work and I donít even think I had a trace amount. I havenít been keeping up with it but got curious today. Anyone know why this may be? To my understanding ketone output should go up throughout the day. Iíve been doing IF and eating at 12&7.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HighwayHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 05:54 PM   #1329
Maddox
Ten Point
 
Maddox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: The Woodlands
Default

I gave up on pee-sticks and bought a blood monitor.
Maddox is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 05:59 PM   #1330
HighwayHunter
Eight Point
 
HighwayHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
I gave up on pee-sticks and bought a blood monitor.


I might need to do that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HighwayHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 06:04 PM   #1331
Hardware
Eight Point
 
Hardware's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Brazoria County
Hunt In: Texas, Western US & Argentina
Default

Pee sticks measure excess ketones so not a good way to do it when youve been on a ketogenic diet for longer periods.
Hardware is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 06:05 PM   #1332
Hardware
Eight Point
 
Hardware's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Brazoria County
Hunt In: Texas, Western US & Argentina
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
Put a big squirt in a big yeti Tumblr with balck coffee.
Was going to get some heavy creamer but they were out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Has to be emulsified or you get all the oil in one dose.
Hardware is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 06:29 PM   #1333
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young
 
BigThicketBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barbers Hill Tx
Hunt In: Hardin Co
Default

Is the powder better than the oil?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 07:36 PM   #1334
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: CO and NM if I'm lucky
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
Is the powder better than the oil?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
No but I always blend with the oil. Otherwise you will just get all the oil in one shot on top.

Emulsified is the way to go. It's more like coffee creamer and you can just stir it in.
https://www.onnit.com/emulsified-mct-oil/

As stated above, measure it. 1. because this stuff is expensive and 2. it's pretty high calorie
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 09:46 PM   #1335
DZM
Six Point
 
DZM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: DFW
Hunt In: Jones & Jack County
Default

Just started a week ago and down 12 pounds. Got motivated to try it after I watched The Magic Pill on Netflix. Have been watching Dr Berg on Youtube as well. A lot of short videos on keto, good info. First couple days were tough but not bad at all now. I feel great and my mind seems sharper than it’s been in years. Just read through some of this thread. Thanks for some of the recipes and for sure the carbquick! Just ordered on amazon.
DZM is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 10:03 PM   #1336
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young
 
BigThicketBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barbers Hill Tx
Hunt In: Hardin Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
No but I always blend with the oil. Otherwise you will just get all the oil in one shot on top.

Emulsified is the way to go. It's more like coffee creamer and you can just stir it in.
https://www.onnit.com/emulsified-mct-oil/

As stated above, measure it. 1. because this stuff is expensive and 2. it's pretty high calorie
Now you tell me after I bought a bottle of oil

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 10:05 PM   #1337
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young
 
BigThicketBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barbers Hill Tx
Hunt In: Hardin Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddox View Post
I gave up on pee-sticks and bought a blood monitor.
Is it the same monitor as for diabetes?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 10:39 PM   #1338
TexaRican
Pope & Young
 
TexaRican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: CO and NM if I'm lucky
Default Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
Is it the same monitor as for diabetes?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk


Diabetes would be checking insulin and blood sugar. Ketone monitor is different but there may be units that can check for all. They are not that expensive if you plan to be on the diet a while.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by TexaRican; 07-24-2018 at 10:42 PM.
TexaRican is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-24-2018, 10:41 PM   #1339
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young
 
BigThicketBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barbers Hill Tx
Hunt In: Hardin Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
Diabetes would be checking insulin and blood sugar. Ketone monitor is different. They are not that expensive if you plan to be on the diet a while.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But when in ketosis and low carb your insulin levels should be low also right?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 12:15 PM   #1340
icetrauma
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pasadena
Hunt In: Dreams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
But when in ketosis and low carb your insulin levels should be low also right?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Correct, it keeps the amount of insulin low by increasing your bodies sensitivity to insulin. That reduces the amount needed and used.

As far as meters are concerned, they can be a useful tool but can also lead to chasing a number and paralysis by analysis.

Finished my 2 week staycation last week, eating and drinking whatever I wanted. Back on keto on Monday and I'm already down 6 lbs. It's amazing the water retention while not on keto.
icetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-25-2018, 12:16 PM   #1341
icetrauma
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pasadena
Hunt In: Dreams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexaRican View Post
No but I always blend with the oil. Otherwise you will just get all the oil in one shot on top.

Emulsified is the way to go. It's more like coffee creamer and you can just stir it in.
https://www.onnit.com/emulsified-mct-oil/

As stated above, measure it. 1. because this stuff is expensive and 2. it's pretty high calorie
Looks like good stuff. I usually just take a shot of MCT oil and hardly ever put it in my coffee. It's tasteless unless flavored.
icetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-27-2018, 04:29 PM   #1342
kerrbow
Eight Point
 
kerrbow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kerrville Texas
Hunt In: Hill Country and Kansas
Default

[QUOTE=BigThicketBoy;13505103]Put a big squirt in a big yeti Tumblr with balck coffee.
Was going to get some heavy creamer but they were out.

Try the Perfect Keto base in chocolate to add to your coffee. Easier on the tummy than other stuff.
kerrbow is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2018, 03:02 PM   #1343
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young
 
BigThicketBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barbers Hill Tx
Hunt In: Hardin Co
Default

I'm kind impressed with keto and myself.
Tomorrow will be one month on keto, 49yrs 5'9" started@ 197 scale this morning read 180.4.
No exercise or working out just 10hr work day 7 days aweek.
Need to take it up a notch and start watching my marcos get them lined up.
What a good simple app for Android?
@ 165-170 I think I'll start working out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-28-2018, 10:34 PM   #1344
icetrauma
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pasadena
Hunt In: Dreams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
I'm kind impressed with keto and myself.
Tomorrow will be one month on keto, 49yrs 5'9" started@ 197 scale this morning read 180.4.
No exercise or working out just 10hr work day 7 days aweek.
Need to take it up a notch and start watching my marcos get them lined up.
What a good simple app for Android?
@ 165-170 I think I'll start working out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
I use MyFitnessPal. The upside is, it has lots of info on it and can be customized w/o purchasing any advanced settings. The down side is, the calories for the foods can be off and waaaay off because, anyone can enter it into the system. And with keto, it counts all carbs together, were you only really need to track non-fiber carbs. I make customized foods that fit what I eat. Example....this is not accurate at all and is only an example.

Food for you's tray beef

Fat 10 grams
Carbs 12 grams
Fiber 8 grams
Protein 12 grams

If you hit add to your log it will record all the calories in and not separate the different types of carbs. I will customize it like this

Mike's keto food for you tray beef
Fat 10 grams
Carbs 4 grams Fiber - Sugar = net carbs
Protein 12 grams

Last edited by icetrauma; 07-28-2018 at 10:36 PM.
icetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2018, 10:03 AM   #1345
bps3040
Pope & Young
 
bps3040's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Spring,Texas
Hunt In: West Texas, Dryden area, Forestville, Canada
Default

I use Fat Secret


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bps3040 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2018, 12:11 PM   #1346
icetrauma
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pasadena
Hunt In: Dreams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bps3040 View Post
I use Fat Secret


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fat Secret is one of the more reliable sources for caloric breakdown. Weight Watchers is also really good.
icetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-29-2018, 12:37 PM   #1347
equyst
Six Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Default

Pretty interesting posting,sub'd
equyst is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2018, 03:58 PM   #1348
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young
 
BigThicketBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barbers Hill Tx
Hunt In: Hardin Co
Default

Microwave pork skins good.
Can't believe they are that good but they are good.


Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-30-2018, 05:22 PM   #1349
icetrauma
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pasadena
Hunt In: Dreams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
Microwave pork skins good.
Can't believe they are that good but they are good.


Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Interesting.
icetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-03-2018, 08:04 PM   #1350
icetrauma
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Pasadena
Hunt In: Dreams
Default

Down to 272 as of Tuesday. Up to 274 as of this AM. Had a delicious splurge meal at Kings Biergarten yesterday with the family. Back on today. How's everyone else doing?
icetrauma is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com