Red wasp in the yard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red wasp in the yard

My neighbors Bermuda yard is covered in red wasps. The almost look like need working flowers. Any ideas on why they are all over his yard and how to get rid of them?

Btw there are none in my st Augustine lawn.

Bump

Comment

Do you treat your lawn for catapillars and other insects? If the neighbor doesn’t, they could be there huntin catapillers and other small insects. From what I’ve seen, that’s what they eat mostly. Or the neighbor’s Bermuda is more welcoming to what they are huntin.

Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
        Any ideas on...how to get rid of them?
        Well I'm no horticulturist, but I bet a couple gallons of diesel should do the trick.

Comment

I put a compost top dressing on my back yard and have them only in the areas I put it down. Just an FYI.

Comment

Fire!

Comment

Maybe mix up a bunch of Dawn detergent with water in a sprayer and start spraying it all over. If he has a miracle grow container that attaches to water hose, try pouring the undiluted Dawn inside and then hook up water hose and apply it that way. Should make some good soap suds that’ll kill the wasps.

Comment

Red wasps are bad for us this year too.

Comment

Originally posted by Worksalot View Post
                  Maybe mix up a bunch of Dawn detergent with water in a sprayer and start spraying it all over. If he has a miracle grow container that attaches to water hose, try pouring the undiluted Dawn inside and then hook up water hose and apply it that way. Should make some good soap suds that’ll kill the wasps.
                  That is what i use under my blinds for wasp nest.

Comment

Raid flying insect killer!

Comment

I’d be looking for nests
                      I took care of 2 nests about 10 pm last night with spray
                      Killed everyone of the b_______s!

Comment

Thanks all...its very strange I have never seen anything like it. No nests around the house and yet they are everywhere but just hovering over the grass.

Comment

Our football field is Bermuda and is always covered with them just as you describe. Hovering and flying low around the grass. Never understood it either because they are only like that on the game field (Bermuda) not practice field (San Augustine). Must be something about it they like. Still trying to figure out why they like my cedar house so much too! I have been at war with them all summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tennis rackets work flawlessly on red wasps. Those suckers fly a good ways once you get the technique down.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Pretty sure they're a different type of red wasp compared to the normal paper wasp that builds under our eaves and waits to ambush you. They're bigger and brighter red. The ones we tend to hate are more of a black/red. Been seeing them flying around yards my whole life and never seen anyone stung. Kill them for fun, but don't think you're making any difference.

Comment

Working...
                              X