No announcement yet.

2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and Chris (Stickman) had a good outing hitting the Port A rocks yesterday evening. Caught us some monster jacks and a couple of nice kings along with many big mackerel. All our fish were caught on big shallow divers.

This weekend we’ll be using them jacks to try and win a shark tourney.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by hog smacker View Post
      We got a couple needlefish yesterday.
      That's awesome bud. I saw your deckhand on the rocks Wednesday. He said you guys were going. Glad it worked out.

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
        Yall need a couple of guys to fill in again for snapper trips or whatever, let me know. Had a great time with yall year before last. Ready to get back out there!

Oh we will be fishing
        1/2 the reason I got on that lease was to be closer to the gulf

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkles View Post
          Oh we will be fishing
          1/2 the reason I got on that lease was to be closer to the gulf

Comment

[ATTACH]906072[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]906073[/ATTACH]

Comment

New navigation system installed as well as new navi lights and wiring. Next weekend we will fish POC and I am super ready!

Comment

This is the first weekend ive been of in a while that the weather looks good. the low wind looks awesome. im heading to sargent after work tomorrow for the weekend and im going to start as early as i can manage to knock the day out. want to have a line wet before dark

will be fishing east matty, cut, creek, possibly surf. wherever i can find them. either way should be a beautiful weekend

Comment

FL Tarpon

Just got back from Florida Keys a couple days ago. Non stop Tarpon action! Was a trip of a lifetime!
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                    This is the first weekend ive been of in a while that the weather looks good. the low wind looks awesome. im heading to sargent after work tomorrow for the weekend and im going to start as early as i can manage to knock the day out. want to have a line wet before dark

will be fishing east matty, cut, creek, possibly surf. wherever i can find them. either way should be a beautiful weekend

Sounds like you have a great trip planned, enjoy!

Comment

Took a dip in the surf this morning. There wasn't a bunch of them but what was there was big. I caught two at 25 +

Each of the two guys I was with caught one in the same range. Warm up session for Chandelure Islands next week

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Me, my son and a friend of ours did pretty well in West Matty the other day.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                          Took a dip in the surf this morning. There wasn't a bunch of them but what was there was big. I caught two at 25 +

Each of the two guys I was with caught one in the same range. Warm up session for Chandelure Islands next week

Same here. Water was a little chilly but beautiful, lots of bait, not much for trout. I caught one that was around 24", and a few smacks. Beat the hell out of working though.

Comment

Anyone going in the morning? I’ll be launching out of palacios, and running across to the south shoreline.
                            I’ll be in a 21’ Flatscat

Comment

Been hammering on those endangered snapper when weather permits. I’ve been fishing some great state water spots way down south. I hit a few spots for vermillion this week and caught (released) some sows in about 250 feet of water. Can’t wait for federal season to open.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                                Same here. Water was a little chilly but beautiful, lots of bait, not much for trout. I caught one that was around 24", and a few smacks. Beat the hell out of working though.
                                I thought I saw your truck rolling down the beach around 11?

Comment

Working...
                                X