Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2018, 09:56 PM   #251
Hombre
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Default

Has anyone been able to bring back or tried to bring back a nilgai cape and horns. Looked at a place last weekend that apparently has a few. I'm afraid the US guys will ask to see a license.
Hombre is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-29-2018, 10:16 PM   #252
RedDirt
Eight Point
 
RedDirt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Weimar, Texas
Hunt In: Mexico/Lavaca Co.
Default

9/10 for us. Well take it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RedDirt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2018, 10:29 AM   #253
dbug
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Dew, Texas
Hunt In: Ole Mexico
Default

New to this forum but a buddy told me to give it a shot. I have 3 spots open on my Mexico lease. It is 8000 acres with 6 guns. It has electricity, hot water, nice 4 bedroom camp house, 11 enclosed box stands on towers, 19 feeding stations, 4.5 miles of the Salado river runs through it, good highway except the last 5 minutes and is about an hour and 20 minutes in from the Columbia bridge. You can PM me for more details. Look forward to reading this thread about Old Mexico!
dbug is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2018, 11:36 AM   #254
bukkskin
Banned!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Pipe Creek/Helotes
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Another inch of rain night before last.
bukkskin is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2018, 12:02 PM   #255
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Has anyone been able to bring back or tried to bring back a nilgai cape and horns. Looked at a place last weekend that apparently has a few. I'm afraid the US guys will ask to see a license.
If they are not letting deer across than Nilgai would be the same if not totally impossible..

A license for what??
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2018, 07:17 PM   #256
dstrong
Ten Point
 
dstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Justin
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
If they are not letting deer across than Nilgai would be the same if not totally impossible..

A license for what??


Not letting deer across?
dstrong is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2018, 07:22 PM   #257
Jbguide
Four Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstrong View Post
Not letting deer across?


I think he is speaking toward how hard it is to get a cape across.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jbguide is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2018, 08:14 PM   #258
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstrong View Post
Not letting deer across?
I mean deer capes.. It seems next to impossible to get capes across from why I'm hearing..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-30-2018, 10:39 PM   #259
Mex. Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Mex. Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: La Grange Tx.
Hunt In: Tx. / Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
Has anyone been able to bring back or tried to bring back a nilgai cape and horns. Looked at a place last weekend that apparently has a few. I'm afraid the US guys will ask to see a license.
You Will Have to Get a Separate Hunters agreement and Tag for it As Far as I have Been Told. Or Just take Your chances and Tell them its a Old Spike at the Border
Mex. Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-01-2018, 12:08 PM   #260
Hunt24/7Hard
Six Point
 
Hunt24/7Hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Hunt In: Texas/Mexico/Kansas
Default

Hunting Rig For Sale $15,000

2010 Dodge 2500 Hemi
Around 105k miles
FULLY rhino lined
CM flat bed with weld on boxes
LED cube lights on bed
LED Bar light on front guard
Ranch Hand bull nose front bumper
NEW 35 mid tires
Fuel Black wheels
Air bags in the rear to support high rack weight
Weather tech floor mats

Telescoping high rack with new hydraulic motor and remote

Many extras

Clear title

I figured I would offer it to my Mexico compadres before I hauled it home for the year and sold it here.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hunt24/7Hard is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2018, 05:39 AM   #261
dstrong
Ten Point
 
dstrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Justin
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunt24/7Hard View Post
Hunting Rig For Sale $15,000

2010 Dodge 2500 Hemi
Around 105k miles
FULLY rhino lined
CM flat bed with weld on boxes
LED cube lights on bed
LED Bar light on front guard
Ranch Hand bull nose front bumper
NEW 35 mid tires
Fuel Black wheels
Air bags in the rear to support high rack weight
Weather tech floor mats

Telescoping high rack with new hydraulic motor and remote

Many extras

Clear title

I figured I would offer it to my Mexico compadres before I hauled it home for the year and sold it here.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Nice dang rig
dstrong is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2018, 07:46 AM   #262
Hunt24/7Hard
Six Point
 
Hunt24/7Hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Hunt In: Texas/Mexico/Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstrong View Post
Nice dang rig


Thank you sir.

Its been a good one for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hunt24/7Hard is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2018, 09:20 AM   #263
jtbrock179
Six Point
 
jtbrock179's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: LORENA,TX
Hunt In: mexico
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbug View Post
New to this forum but a buddy told me to give it a shot. I have 3 spots open on my Mexico lease. It is 8000 acres with 6 guns. It has electricity, hot water, nice 4 bedroom camp house, 11 enclosed box stands on towers, 19 feeding stations, 4.5 miles of the Salado river runs through it, good highway except the last 5 minutes and is about an hour and 20 minutes in from the Columbia bridge. You can PM me for more details. Look forward to reading this thread about Old Mexico!
PM sent
No Shane its not for me
jtbrock179 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2018, 09:36 AM   #264
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbrock179 View Post
PM sent
No Shane its not for me
Lmao!
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2018, 03:25 PM   #265
dbug
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Dew, Texas
Hunt In: Ole Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbug View Post
New to this forum but a buddy told me to give it a shot. I have 3 spots open on my Mexico lease. It is 8000 acres with 6 guns. It has electricity, hot water, nice 4 bedroom camp house, 11 enclosed box stands on towers, 19 feeding stations, 4.5 miles of the Salado river runs through it, good highway except the last 5 minutes and is about an hour and 20 minutes in from the Columbia bridge. You can PM me for more details. Look forward to reading this thread about Old Mexico!
Since I am new to the forum I can not respond to PM's so if you want a response leave your phone number and I'll call.
dbug is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2018, 04:18 PM   #266
Mex. Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Mex. Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: La Grange Tx.
Hunt In: Tx. / Mexico
Default

Ty found a monster set last trip. LoL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Mex. Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2018, 04:20 PM   #267
Hunt24/7Hard
Six Point
 
Hunt24/7Hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Hunt In: Texas/Mexico/Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
Ty found a monster set last trip. LoL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk


Boys got potential!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hunt24/7Hard is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2018, 05:03 PM   #268
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
Ty found a monster set last trip. LoL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Id have to fall on those to find them boys got eyes on him!
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2018, 05:24 PM   #269
texas shag
Ten Point
 
texas shag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Argyle
Hunt In: East Texas, Old Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
Ty found a monster set last trip. LoL

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
That must be one of those mythical 3 year old spikes. you should have culled him
texas shag is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-02-2018, 05:41 PM   #270
tminc
Eight Point
 
tminc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: lake travis
Hunt In: burnet county,mexico
Default

Ty's a lucky guy,raising them right!
tminc is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-03-2018, 05:56 PM   #271
KR-oldmexico
Pope & Young
 
KR-oldmexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Groesbeck, Tx
Hunt In: South Texas & Old Mexico
Default

Getting caught up! Haven't been on TBH in months! Good luck to all and travel safe men! Viva Mexico!
KR-oldmexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2018, 11:01 PM   #272
JJC-ole Mexico
Four Point
 
JJC-ole Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Hunt In: Hill Country South Texas Ole Mexico
Default

Predator control


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JJC-ole Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-09-2018, 11:28 PM   #273
Mexicobbd187
Four Point
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Default

Good times!!!!!
Mexicobbd187 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 09:01 PM   #274
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

If y’all see some gringos carrying five gallon bucks across don’t be alarmed just us... we’re headed to water plants soon
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 09:02 PM   #275
Mex. Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Mex. Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: La Grange Tx.
Hunt In: Tx. / Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
If yall see some gringos carrying five gallon bucks across dont be alarmed just us... were headed to water plants soon
No good man.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Mex. Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 09:13 PM   #276
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
If yall see some gringos carrying five gallon bucks across dont be alarmed just us... were headed to water plants soon
Won't be long for us and we'll be doing the same
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 10:14 PM   #277
dc1986
Pope & Young
 
dc1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lumberton,Texas
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
Won't be long for us and we'll be doing the same
There was an 80% chance of rain last night in Laredo. Did yall get any of it?
dc1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 10:29 PM   #278
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1986 View Post
There was an 80% chance of rain last night in Laredo. Did yall get any of it?
No sir notta... I wish
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 10:32 PM   #279
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

It’s literally split around us twice now... not that the amount that surrounding areas got was significant it’s still a little disheartening.
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 10:37 PM   #280
dc1986
Pope & Young
 
dc1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lumberton,Texas
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
No sir notta... I wish
I think we are fairly close together.Are you in Hidalgo? We are a few miles down Pipeline rd off Hwy 1. If you didnt get any then I doubt we did either.
dc1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 10:38 PM   #281
dc1986
Pope & Young
 
dc1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lumberton,Texas
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Its literally split around us twice now... not that the amount that surrounding areas got was significant its still a little disheartening.
That sucks. Are you around Zaragoza? I always heard that was a dry area. Hopefully yall get some the next go round.
dc1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 10:40 PM   #282
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1986 View Post
That sucks. Are you around Zaragoza? I always heard that was a dry area. Hopefully yall get some the next go round.


Yessir! And if what you heard is true then
Its def holding true to form!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 10:42 PM   #283
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1986 View Post
I think we are fairly close together.Are you in Hidalgo? We are a few miles down Pipeline rd off Hwy 1. If you didnt get any then I doubt we did either.
Yes sir Hildalgo area... we've had rain go all around us but no significant amount on us... like .4 the last 3 months or so
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 10:44 PM   #284
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
Yes sir Hildalgo area... we've had rain go all around us but no significant amount on us... like .4 the last 3 months or so


Dang that sounds exactly like us! We take feeders and stands down in a few weeks we will start feed ASAP!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 10:59 PM   #285
Mexico
Pope & Young
 
Mexico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Clear Lake Tx
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
Dang that sounds exactly like us! We take feeders and stands down in a few weeks we will start feed ASAP!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just thankful we had such a wet winter, our brush still looks great because of it... won't be long though and we'll be burnt up.
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 11:03 PM   #286
Hunt24/7Hard
Six Point
 
Hunt24/7Hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Hunt In: Texas/Mexico/Kansas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexico View Post
Just thankful we had such a wet winter, our brush still looks great because of it... won't be long though and we'll be burnt up.




No great sheds, but a few of them.

At the ranch now... we got .4 at the ranch last night... just enough to wet the ground, soaked up quick.
Hwy1 area
Brush looks great, grass is crispy.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hunt24/7Hard is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 11:06 PM   #287
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default



This was one month ago to the day


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 11:08 PM   #288
Mex. Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Mex. Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: La Grange Tx.
Hunt In: Tx. / Mexico
Default

I hunted P/L one yr and we got less than 1in the whole yr. Only the tough survive on those yrs. It's still early guys. Hopefully we'll be blessed with some late April rains

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Mex. Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 11:10 PM   #289
drop dead fred
Pope & Young
 
drop dead fred's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Willis
Hunt In: TX, NE, MEXICO
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
I hunted P/L one yr and we got less than 1in the whole yr. Only the tough survive on those yrs. It's still early guys. Hopefully we'll be blessed with some late April rains

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
April showers bring May flowers right!?
drop dead fred is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 11:11 PM   #290
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young
 
ttaxidermy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brazoria county
Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post


This was one month ago to the day


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wow!!! That looks like Pumpville Texas....
That's bad.
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 11:12 PM   #291
Mex. Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Mex. Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: La Grange Tx.
Hunt In: Tx. / Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
Wow!!! That looks like Pumpville Texas....
That's bad.
Pumpville. LOL

I loved me some Pumpville back in the day.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Mex. Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 11:36 PM   #292
Hunt24/7Hard
Six Point
 
Hunt24/7Hard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Hunt In: Texas/Mexico/Kansas
Default


Today


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hunt24/7Hard is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 11:50 PM   #293
dc1986
Pope & Young
 
dc1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lumberton,Texas
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
I hunted P/L one yr and we got less than 1in the whole yr. Only the tough survive on those yrs. It's still early guys. Hopefully we'll be blessed with some late April rains

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
How many miles down pipeline were yall Bo? We are about 6 miles down. The road is in much better shape now than it used to be, or so Im told. Its still a little bumpy.
dc1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-10-2018, 11:53 PM   #294
Mex. Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Mex. Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: La Grange Tx.
Hunt In: Tx. / Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1986 View Post
How many miles down pipeline were yall Bo? We are about 6 miles down. The road is in much better shape now than it used to be, or so Im told. Its still a little bumpy.
No you are hunting in the big dog neighborhood back then. We hunted 42mile min. That dry yr we was 42miles down that dirty Nasty Rd. Loved it every trip Tho. We had everything you could have dreamed for out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Mex. Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2018, 12:42 AM   #295
dc1986
Pope & Young
 
dc1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lumberton,Texas
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
No you are hunting in the big dog neighborhood back then. We hunted 42mile min. That dry yr we was 42miles down that dirty Nasty Rd. Loved it every trip Tho. We had everything you could have dreamed for out there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I cant imagine having to drive 42 miles down that road. I always heard how terrible it was. Ill bet it took a long time to get there.
dc1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2018, 12:43 AM   #296
Mex. Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Mex. Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: La Grange Tx.
Hunt In: Tx. / Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1986 View Post
I cant imagine having to drive 42 miles down that road. I always heard how terrible it was. Ill bet it took a long time to get there.
2hrs from pavement to the gate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Mex. Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2018, 12:49 AM   #297
dc1986
Pope & Young
 
dc1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lumberton,Texas
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
2hrs from pavement to the gate

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Did yall kill any big deer ? Did you have Nilgai then? I remember you posting a long time ago about putting concrete in a sewer pipe. Is that the ranch? 😁
dc1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2018, 12:57 AM   #298
Mex. Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Mex. Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: La Grange Tx.
Hunt In: Tx. / Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1986 View Post
Did yall kill any big deer ? Did you have Nilgai then? I remember you posting a long time ago about putting concrete in a sewer pipe. Is that the ranch?
Yeah that was my last ranch on P/L. When we started deer numbers were low and on a wet yr. Big deer were killed. We hunted that area from 89' till 2001. The last 6 or 7 yrs it seemed to just get worse and worse. A lot of hunters moved in and a lot of the top ranches were just shot out. Deer numbers got really out of hand during those yrs also. I think the numbers played a big factor on horn going away also. I will always miss that country being that's where it all started for me and my father.

A lot of the ranches got split up over the yrs since we started. That also didn't help anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Mex. Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2018, 01:04 AM   #299
dc1986
Pope & Young
 
dc1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Lumberton,Texas
Hunt In: Mexico
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
Yeah that was my last ranch on P/L. When we started deer numbers were low and on a wet yr. Big deer were killed. We hunted that area from 89' till 2001. The last 6 or 7 yrs it seemed to just get worse and worse. A lot of hunters moved in and a lot of the top ranches were just shot out. Deer numbers got really out of hand during those yrs also. I think the numbers played a big factor on horn going away also. I will always miss that country being that's where it all started for me and my father.

A lot of the ranches got split up over the yrs since we started. That also didn't help anything

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
We do have a lot of deer. We have Nilgai too though. This is our first year there. Not sure what to expect really. We have lots of water so that should help. Did you fill your place yet? I know we need rain but hopefully we get a little less than last year. That was a mess.
dc1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-11-2018, 01:05 AM   #300
Mex. Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Mex. Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: La Grange Tx.
Hunt In: Tx. / Mexico
Default

We see Nilgai all the way back in the beginning. They have always been out in that country

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Mex. Bowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com