Chaparral WMA Archery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chaparral WMA Archery

Anyone have any experience on this hunt? I got drawn for January and know next to nothing about the Bowhunting side of it. Thanks for any info!

No one?

Comment

Awesome! Perfect time to be there.

You'll want to take a tripod for sure and maybe ground blind . They usually don't allow baiting but you might check prior.

The areas are assigned by pasture. We were in the Mustang (I think) pasture which is pretty close to the front gate a year before the fire on a management hunt. That year (good year) the biologist said they might have one or two deer less than eight on the entire place.

The camping area has a bathroom/shower if you're planning on staying there. Not sure about RV hookups.

Good luck.

Comment

Never hunted there, David who runs the place is my dads old college roommate and they have some monster deer. Tell David, Will Rigby said to hook you up? May or may not help but it is worth a shot.

Comment

It is a good hunt lots of potential will be on the back end of the rut (I like the January hunt dates best). There is lots of country you will have to find some good travel cordoors and/or water if it stays dry and you will have a good hunt.

Comment

Working...
          X