Three years ago today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Three years ago today...

Holy smokes... so around this time each year, I think "I should be coming up on my widow-anniversary." So I pulled up my "waiting" thread to find the date (which is September 18th). But when I went to the beginning of the thread, lo and behold, on this day, 3 years ago, I called up Roger and ordered my green stained deer-hog-rabbit-javi-turkey-diller-raccoon-squirrel-fox-ram-blackbuck-rattlesnake killing stick and string!

To say that is my favorite bow would be an understatement. It was and remains the most expensive and prettiest bow I own. I have dragged that thing through all sorts of stuff... its got dings, scratches, blood stained on it... and it is still as good looking as the day it arrived.

I believe there is value beyond dollars in a bow or gun that you feel connected to and shoot well. It in itself becomes an extension of oneself.
    And that is a good looking bow to boot.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Some people spend a lifetime trying to find the one bow for them! Glad you got it done early !!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
        Some people spend a lifetime trying to find the one bow for them! Glad you got it done early !!
        Bows are like women. You need a lot of them...…….wait, nevermind, scratch that!

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
          I owe the shortcutting process to all the great folks here on TBH trad forum. I had started off with a Samick Sage and I had in my mind, just from reading, the bow I thought would be perfect. But since I was shooting 3D from invites from here... everybody was more than eager to let me shoot their bow to see if I'd like it. I probably shot more than a dozen bows before Mark (Chunky) let me shoot his one evening... or I should say, I decided to take him up on the offer. I had a hard time putting down that bow. It fit like a glove. They went inside to eat... I stayed outside and got chewed up by skeeters...

and that is how I came to order my bow... It ain't perfect. There is probably one thing I'd change about it if I could... but nothing is ever really fully perfect and sometimes you just adjust because you know it'll take care of you if you do.

Comment

Yep, having “the one” is just like owning a Blueridge!!!! [emoji2][emoji106][emoji106][emoji2]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
              Yep, having “the one” is just like owning a Blueridge!!!! [emoji2][emoji106][emoji106][emoji2]

Bisch

Do you remember how long ago it was that your ordered your first Blueridge?

Comment

Im happy youre happy. Happy bow...happy killing! Youve got quite the kill list in such a short time. Happy anniversary!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

Do you remember how long ago it was that your ordered your first Blueridge?

I got the first one in February, 2009. I own 4 now. 3 are the exact same specs, one was a lighter rehab bow that Bob fixed me up with when I first screwed up my neck and couldn’t pull my regular bows. The only reason I get new ones is because every once in a while I get a hankering for something new and pretty.

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                    Im happy youre happy. Happy bow...happy killing! Youve got quite the kill list in such a short time. Happy anniversary!
                    Yeah, as I was writing it out, I was thinking the same thing. Back then, I don't think I'd have imagined I'd have taken so many different kinds of animals with it. What is interesting though is that once I realized it was the "one" and I stopped looking around for bows... I did focus more on the different things I could take with it, etc.

Comment

I got my first BW in 1976. 74 @ 28 , I added snake skins some where along the way.
                      I could never guess how many miles it has on it.
                      It has been every where from the north pole to Africa and Australia.
                      It has never failed me.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	bushbuck2009.JPG
Views:	6
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	24550225

Comment

I see now.... You ordered your bow this time of year so you'd remember your wedding anniversary, lol

Congrats on a fine bow my Friend. Like mentioned that is a Hellava a game list for just 3 years!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                          I got my first BW in 1976. 74 @ 28 , I added snake skins some where along the way.
                          I could never guess how many miles it has on it.
                          It has been every where from the north pole to Africa and Australia.
                          It has never failed me.
                          When you think about how I came about getting my bow... it kinda all started back then... before I was even born. Makes you wonder how many bows Black Widow has sold because of this.

Comment

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
                            I see now.... You ordered your bow this time of year so you'd remember your wedding anniversary, lol

Congrats on a fine bow my Friend. Like mentioned that is a Hellava a game list for just 3 years!!!
                            . Now that I think of it... I am remembering that date had something to do with it.

Comment

Working...
                            X