No announcement yet.

Wolf killed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I saw one up close and personal when I was in my teens it was Huge,scared me to death!

Comment

Wow that sucker is big!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        That pic sort of makes those "is this a wolf or coyote" threads rather mute, don't it? You ever see a real wolf, you'll know it...
        Someone will be along shortly to say they saw one just like that in East Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
          And a Canadian wolf pack has 25 to 30 wolves. Not 6 to 8 like our native wolf packs.
          Ok, so I admit I had no idea that the Grey Wolf is native, but the Canadian wolves were introduced. Just did a google search and there are a ton of articles that substantiate the differences. Many too lengthy to read as I have a day job I should be doing. This is the kinda stuff you don't EVER hear about in msm or otherwise.

Comment

Silence is golden, don't post everything you know. Less is more of this. Anti's love this

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
              Boy that's the truth!

My Grandfather used to tell me about the wolves in Texas back in the early 1900's. I never believed him until he showed me some old B&W pictures...HUGE animals.
              Like this?

“John Deskin Rhea. John was a Deputy U.S. marshal who was born in 1848, passed away in 1924, and is buried in the family plot on his old homestead at Antelope Flat, Briscoe County, Texas - a few miles north of Quitaque, TX.”

Click image for larger version

Name:	842CC4F9-EE21-47AF-8E5D-1DCA86F498CE.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	245.7 KB
ID:	24529689

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                Had a guide duck hunting that was from Oregon. He said they are terrible there. Said they view them up there how we in Texas view hogs and try to shoot on sight.
                When I was hunting in Montana I was told that if I saw a wolf to shoot it or pack my bags and leave if I didn’t. I’ve watched them chase an entire herd of elk up and over a mountain, they wreak havoc wherever they are.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                  Lol, bears are the number 1 killer of calves, by a lot. The grass is always greener, right?

I would love a wolf fur on my wall, especially that one.
                  Wolves are one of the few species that will kill an animal and if they see another animal will actually go chase it down and kill it to.

Comment

Originally posted by seminole1990 View Post
                    Ok, so I admit I had no idea that the Grey Wolf is native, but the Canadian wolves were introduced. Just did a google search and there are a ton of articles that substantiate the differences. Many too lengthy to read as I have a day job I should be doing. This is the kinda stuff you don't EVER hear about in msm or otherwise.
                    Heck, I had always heard they reintroduced the native Grey wolves.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                      Heck, I had always heard they reintroduced the native Grey wolves.
                      YUP. Same.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                        Like this?

“John Deskin Rhea. John was a Deputy U.S. marshal who was born in 1848, passed away in 1924, and is buried in the family plot on his old homestead at Antelope Flat, Briscoe County, Texas - a few miles north of Quitaque, TX.”

[ATTACH]894939[/ATTACH]
                        Nice pic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                          Like this?

[ATTACH]894939[/ATTACH]
                          Very cool! Any good reading material on him?

Comment

Beautiful animal

Comment

Sika, thanks for that photo; I’m going to try have that printed out and framed for my study!

That being said, humans kill three times as many elk as wolves do in Wyoming. The greatest pressure wolves put on the elk herds is January through March; after the time when humans put the most pressure on them. But it isn’t hunting that is causing the elk herds to relocate or shrink, it’s degradation of their habitat due to weather conditions and human development. In summation, humans are more responsible for the perceived decline in the elk herds than wolves are.

I’m kind of disappointed in the responses here that advocate poaching and SSS, especially after the 271/278 and Troup’s dog threads.

Comment

The real issue is restricting the hunting of wolves, in my opinion it should be open season on any wolf anywhere anytime. Kind of like the way I treat pit bulls... (grabs popcorn)

Comment

Working...
                                X