Anyone suffer from an ulcer before??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone suffer from an ulcer before??

OK, so it 'appears' that a recent tummy infection combined with the anti-biotics may have caused an ulcer...personal experiences??

I have cut out all other meds, alcohol, caffine, sodas & watching what I eat real close & the discomfort has improved vastly from just a couple days ago.

Other tips?? Recovery timeline??

gracias...

Yep. Had to start taking Prevacid and an antibiotic for a while and now take famotadine every day to cut down on stomach acid. I have cut down on caffiene but love coffee. It took months ( maybe a year ) but it finally healed.

Comment

Eat lots of plain yogurt. It's nasty but works well.

Comment

I had stomach olcers back when I was about 9 years old. I was in the hospital for 5 days. Extremely painful.

Comment

A stomach ulcer saved my uncle from the draft for Vietnam. Says it was a long, painful process though. Good luck.

Comment

Aloe Vera juice. Get at GNC. I Had a friend do this and she said after a shot of this stuff once a day for a month, she is symptom free. I went and bought some this afternoon.

Comment

Thanks...keep'em coming!!

In no way was mine that severe...more of a burning / pain. Just odd for this iron stomach guy. I couldn't help but think of Bobby and his ordeal.

getting old stinks...

Comment

Working...
              X