Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to start raining in sept and have a wet winter so wait

Comment

Rusty you talking about your Buffalo lease? I was at the property this past weekend and its real dry. Red Oaks are turning over and shedding leaves. I did mow, but mainly goat weed. We did get about 1" on Sunday but we need about 3" to scratch the dust. I am down 12" of rain year to date from last year this time. I have been running the well for 3 weeks to keep pond up. I will say the acorn crop is struggling and they are hungry. They are killing the feed and the deer look good. Best of luck buddy.

Comment

I'm not an expert but I never plant oats are wheat before September 15'th. Prefer around First of October are later. JMO.

Comment

I plan on waiting and the expert consensus is to wait as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jbhlsu View Post
            Rusty you talking about your Buffalo lease? I was at the property this past weekend and its real dry. Red Oaks are turning over and shedding leaves. I did mow, but mainly goat weed. We did get about 1" on Sunday but we need about 3" to scratch the dust. I am down 12" of rain year to date from last year this time. I have been running the well for 3 weeks to keep pond up. I will say the acorn crop is struggling and they are hungry. They are killing the feed and the deer look good. Best of luck buddy.
            I saw the same thing pretty much. Tanks are low, ground is dry.
            I am waiting on the clover until the opener of bow season or hopefully I can make it up there around the 15th of September or so. Pray for rain !

Comment

We planted last weekend, lease has gotten plenty of rain. Oats,soybean, two different kinds of clover and turnips. Good chance of rain this next week. Tractor almost got stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by Randell View Post
                We planted last weekend, lease has gotten plenty of rain. Oats,soybean, two different kinds of clover and turnips. Good chance of rain this next week. Tractor almost got stuck.
                How does it look ???

When I went down (mid august) and got the dirt ready I planted some oats just in case and with all this rain I've been wondering what they are doing !!!

Comment

Working...
                X