Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So get one straight from ford then?
    Originally posted by 91cavgt View Post
    Here’s my $0.02 on the extended warranties. If you are going to buy one, buy one from the manufacturer so that you don’t have to deal with a 3rd party.
    Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by PiNoyHunter View Post
      So get one straight from ford then?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Yep, but you have to be careful as not all extended warranties that dealerships sell are ran by the manufacturer.

Comment

And pricing on manufacturer warranties are negotiable

Comment

Originally posted by PiNoyHunter View Post
          so far I have been pre-approved through my bank for about 50k at 2.0% interest. just been kicking tires at the dealership trying to find a good deal and a truck to suit my needs.
          Sounds like a 36 month rate

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
            Yes, steer clear of the “ how much a month were you looking to spend” bs.

That’s nunya.
            How much is this truck drive out?
            (Is the only question I want answered).

And watch out for the sales managers office- they put confusing dust in the ventilation to that room and will have your head spinning in no time.
            NO is my answer to most of the questions-

I don’t want a paint sealant
            I don’t want an extended warranty
            (Salesman says it’s the most reliable thing going, sales manager warns you it’s going to fall the pieces as soon as the factory warranty ends and empty your bank account)

I don’t want an alarm
            I don’t want my bed sprayed
            I don’t want my windows etched
            I don’t want my windows tinted
            I don’t want the oil change package
            (Coworker just got burned on that one when dealership changed names)
            I don’t want my interior treated
            Etc.
            All of those items can be done at a later date (if desired) and not financed for the length of the loan.

My last truck purchase I just set down and said “I don’t want any” he started on his list and after a few “nopes” he said “I gotcha” and the charade ended.

Btw, GAP insurance is much cheaper at the credit union if you finance through them.
            In the past I have taken the incentives the dealer offers to finance through their brand, then after a month or two of payments refinanced at the credit union for my convenience and usually lower cost overall.

Ford vs Toyota- go drive both in your price range and see which one trips your trigger the best for the amount of money spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Take this man’s advice and you’ll be fine.

Comment

Working...
            X