JFT Turkey Tour 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
    Gusts up to 40 forecasted for my long weekend in Sonora.

Should be fun [emoji1361]
    Likewise where I’m headed!! Sux big time!

Comment

Gusts up to 40 forecasted for my long weekend in Sonora.

Should be fun [emoji1361]
      Seeing the same. Sunday will be the only break from wind by the looks of it. I'll be in the Sonora area myself. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
        Seeing the same. Sunday will be the only break from wind by the looks of it. I'll be in the Sonora area myself. Good luck!

How have the birds been acting?

Comment

Took my oldest daughter to the ranch this weekend. Didn't expect much, haven't seen gobblers on the TC in a year or so. That changed real quick! Quit working around 6pm on Fri, sat down and called. Within 20 min had 2 gobblers on each side of us coming in. He came in strutting and drumming and my daughter about hyperventilated. haha. It was picture perfect! 10" beard and 1 3/8" spurs. She's spoiled now! did the same thing the following evening. Shot 1 of 2 toms that came in.Found my new lucky charm when it comes to turkey hunting!! I feel very blessed to have punched 3 tags this year.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_E0305.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	24535850

Name:	IMG_E0322.jpg
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	24535851

Name:	IMG_E6714.JPG
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	24535852

Name:	IMG_E6575.JPG
Size:	191.7 KB
ID:	24535853

Comment

Originally posted by QuackerWacker83 View Post
            Took my oldest daughter to the ranch this weekend. Didn't expect much, haven't seen gobblers on the TC in a year or so. That changed real quick! Quit working around 6pm on Fri, sat down and called. Within 20 min had 2 gobblers on each side of us coming in. He came in strutting and drumming and my daughter about hyperventilated. haha. It was picture perfect! 10" beard and 1 3/8" spurs. She's spoiled now! did the same thing the following evening. Shot 1 of 2 toms that came in.Found my new lucky charm when it comes to turkey hunting!! I feel very blessed to have punched 3 tags this year.
            [ATTACH]904311[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]904312[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]904313[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]904314[/ATTACH]
            Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by QuackerWacker83 View Post
                Waydago!

Comment

I’m debating on going this weekend or working a shift for someone in exchange for more time to hunt the following. I have killed turkey in windy conditions, but I’ve also gone out and not heard a single gobble. I know the areas I hunt well, but going out and working a bird is a lot more fun then not hearing anything, setting up in a likely spot, and hoping one comes in.

Comment

How have the birds been acting?
                    I haven't been since the opener but they have not been very vocal and were henned up (as of reports I got last weekend). In years past late season has been the best hunting on our place.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
                      I haven't been since the opener but they have not been very vocal and were henned up (as of reports I got last weekend). In years past late season has been the best hunting on our place.

I hope this isn’t the case.

Comment

I hope this isn’t the case.
                        Same here. Weather looks to be shaping up pretty decent for Saturday and stellar for Sunday. Hope it holds. Looks like we will be hunting in jackets lol.

Comment

JFT and PoPo are in the gate in Sonora. Heard they have some poor signal so updates make be infrequent. They should be hunting by now though...

Comment

Git r dun

Comment

45-55 mph gusts predicted at our place tomorrow...:eek...

Comment

95 degrees this evening hunting.....tomorrow should be a nice hunt with 40+mph winds

Comment

Working...
                                X