No announcement yet.

Springfield XDS reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shot several compact and single stack 45's and walked away with the XDS. It carries awesome and for me has a great trigger and easy to hold for a compact 45. I put the flush mount 5 rounds clip in and fired all 6 rounds as fast as I could to make sure I could keep a grip on the small frame and had no issue keeping all the rounds on target at 15 yards. I really recommend you find a gun shot that rents pistols and give it a try 1st. It may not be for you.

Comment

I bought the xds 9 to carry because I liked my XD .40 so much
      But the xds trigger was so heavy I had it lightened soon after I bought it

I personally like my wife's glock 42 more. Makes me wish I had tried out a glock 43.

BP
      Last edited by Big pig; 09-20-2016, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Love my xds 9mm. One of my favorite pistols. Big Springfield fan.

Comment

I had an xds in both the 9 and 45. The trigger was very heavy and took a lot of polish it up and still didn't reduce it much. Not much on aftermarket or upgrades that I could find at the time either (1-2 years ago). I stick with my Glocks because the factory trigger isn't horrible but there is a plethora of aftermarket upgrades you can put in them to make them even much better. I carry a 43 in the summer and a 19 in the winter. Both have Taran Tactical extended base pads on the mags.

My complaints with the xds models is the trigger is heavy and being a lefty that thin backstrap just felt awkward to me. The fat 1911 ones don't bother me but the thin one that Springfield uses on there's just didn't feel right to me.

The Glock 30s and 36 are good ones to check out as well if you're wanting to stick with the 45acp.

Comment

Love my xds in 45

Comment

I've got a couple of them in 9mm one is the regular and one is 4.0 model. Not a single complaint here. I carry one of them nearly everyday. The only days I don't I'm carrying a Glock 19.

Comment

I have a sig p238 and XDS .45 when I want a little more pop. Like them both a lot. I am more accurate with my glock, but will get the job done when called upon.

Comment

Going to get a XDS in .40 shortly. Have a XDM .40 full size now and will not be giving it up anytime soon.

Comment

I have a 9mm XDS. I love it.

Comment

I carry the XDS45 & wife carries the XDM9 3.8. Absolutely love em, never had an issue

Comment

Carried a .45 XDS for a couple years and have loved it. A little hard for me to conceal in summer months based off of my outside of work clothing but other than that great

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Jacobh05 View Post
                          Thanks for the feedback how is the trigger I don't want the ruger lcp or kel tec triggers lol
                          I have the XDM 4.5 9mm, changed out the trigger to a powder river and well, let me say that people that shoot it can't believe it's a striker fire. it's no 1911, but it's probably as close as I can get it

stock trigger on the springfields are good, but they aren't gunsmithy quality, but they are way better than lcp or kel tec.

they have quite a bit of take up, and a bit of travel, but the break is decent. the reset is longer than I'd want, but nothing deal breaking

just bought the mod 2 4" 9mm, powder river trigger will be going in this one also.

Comment

Originally posted by doppelganger View Post
                            I have the XDM 4.5 9mm, changed out the trigger to a powder river and well, let me say that people that shoot it can't believe it's a striker fire. it's no 1911, but it's probably as close as I can get it

stock trigger on the springfields are good, but they aren't gunsmithy quality, but they are way better than lcp or kel tec.

they have quite a bit of take up, and a bit of travel, but the break is decent. the reset is longer than I'd want, but nothing deal breaking

just bought the mod 2 4" 9mm, powder river trigger will be going in this one also.
                            Powder River Precision trigger kits make a huge improvement in the XD's. Have them in both my XDS and XDM.

Comment

All this talk about carry pistols and no pics!!

I've been wanting an XDS for a while now. Would like to have a smaller partner for my Glock 23.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I pulled the trigger on the XDS I got a glock 19 but I like the slim grip on the XDS we will see I'll post some pics thanks for all the input guys! And I'm gonna have to get that trigger kit it sounds like treestand

Comment

Working...
                                X