Siesta Key Vacation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Siesta Key Vacation?

My wife is wanting to rent a beach house in Siesta Key this summer. Who has been and what did you think?

We went to longboat key a few years ago. It was nice and we enjoyed it but in reality I though the beaches were better at Ft. Walton and the drive was a lot shorter.

-john

Comment

We have been. We stayed further south at Turtle Beach but its a small island so you still see everything. Siesta Key's beach is by far the best versus the neighboring islands. The downtown area on Siesta Key is nice for dinner and drinks, there is a racket club if you play. To the north there is Lido Key and St. Armand's square that has all the shopping you could stand. Lido also has a yacht club with golfing and restaurants. If you go a bit further north you will get to Longboat Key...we didn't find much of a reason to go there. Lido is very nice though. There is a ton of outdoor stuff to do all around. We did a manatee kayak tour. It was about 4 hours and was pretty cool, I would do it again. Downtown Sarasota is also a neat place to visit and has some nice steakhouses. We stayed on Turtle Beach specifically because we were there during hatching season and were able to see baby sea turtles going from their nest to the surf.

Comment

I worked there for a while one year. Got a great place on the beach cheap and could walk to the salty dog to eat. Beaches were great from what little time I spent on them. Close your blinds or shut your light's off at night or the sea tutle police will be knocking on your door ready to write tickets!

Slew

Comment

Anybody else?

Comment

We went last year. We rented a house near the beach. It was nice but a lot of people. Like three rows of chairs, amount of people. That may not bother you. Very family friendly. It was too many people for me. I got the t-shirt, I’m good. I don’t like Disney either. Lol

Comment

Working...
            X