Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the two best upgrades i have done to my feeders:

1. Ditch The Timer - put in a $60 at academy
    2. Mounted a terminal block in the can so all connections go to the terminals. no more wire nuts and better raccoon proofing

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
      Supposedly there was a bad batch of them but IDK. There will be guys come along here shortly to tell you to not bash them on here though

I like the ForEverlast timers. Site sponsor and same 5 year warranty as The Timer. Sorry you're having issues....arriving to a hunt to find out you are having feeder problems SUCKS!!

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
      For you guys that love the foreverlast timers, they are made for them by WTFS, the maker of TheTimer. They are basically the "Plan B timer from West Texas Feeder Supply.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

We have used them exclusively for years. The new Timer aint what the old ones used to be.

I have 2 of the newer ones that either lose or gain time and they are replacements for 2 other new ones that were also acting weird..
        I hate to see this but I guess all good things come to a end..

Comment

Had no problems with the older ones.

The newer ones not so much.

The company is great about sending replacements but at the cost of a hunting trip it still sucks.

Comment

I've had nothing but bad luck with the Newer "The Timer". Went through 4 of them returned to Buccees before I found one that worked. Found that their battery box dimension was off just enough to either not work (no connection) or work intermittently, most likely from being shaken from the motor going off. I had add a small metal shim between the spring and both batteries to get a reliable connection.

Comment

Same experiences here. Sent in ones that would reset all setting after first spin...replacements we got do not keep time worth a flip. Pretty lame.

Skinny

Comment

Timers

Originally posted by Truckman View Post
                The manufacturer will make it right, he is a friend and a good guy to deal with. Agreed that it has to be annoying tho. I have run 8 for 5-6 years with no issues. Sorry your having troubles.
                May need to show him this thread. I would be going back to old supplier if it were possible.

Comment

The Timer Problems

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Keep drinking that Kool-Aid brother [emoji122]

Comment

You've probably got voltage issues.

Every time I have any timer start to act up, I first start checking voltages and connections. That almost always fixes the problem.

Bad battery,bad backup battery or bad solar panel would be the first places I look

Comment

I have 3. Two don't keep time worth a flip. One always shows low batteries even with new batteries. They all throw every time though.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I have 21 The Timers running. Only problem i have is when it gets cold and my battery gets weak they lose a little time. Put in a fully charged battery and everything is good to go again.

Comment

The Timer Problems

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                          Keep drinking that Kool-Aid brother [emoji122]

Your koolaid is made in the same plant..just the generic version[emoji23]
                          Last edited by Smart; 12-16-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

We have 12 The Timers and at least half are 6 yrs old. No problems here

Comment

I am not familiar with this particular timer, But I do a couple of mods to most timers that I have used. Get away from spring terminals and alligator clips. Replace with rechargeable batteries with spade connectors. Replace alligator clips with spade connectors. No springs, where you have to wedge battery in position. Always bring spare batteries fully charged, and check voltage every time you go to ranch.

Comment

Got 4 over the summer for this season. Have already had to replace two of them. Not impressed. I wish I would have kept the 10 year old WGI digital I replaced.

Comment

Working...
                                X