No announcement yet.

SHNF 16-17 BS thread ( Banter session)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I already have a dozen bare shafts here. I need to Fletch them and put the inserts in. I'll need the gear anyways to refletch in the future. ( I had all the gear, but sold it all, many years ago) ( doh!)

Daniel

This the jig you use?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good grief. I really like my bitzenberger even more.

Comment

Are you going to try and bareshaft them? I would only fletch a few of them for now and use a glue that you can heat and remove the inserts so that you can bareshaft when you're ready. I'm about to do the same. New string then start over with a dozen or more bareshafts.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
          I already have a dozen bare shafts here. I need to Fletch them and put the inserts in. I'll need the gear anyways to refletch in the future. ( I had all the gear, but sold it all, many years ago) ( doh!)

Daniel

This the jig you use?

Yes. But I think that's a little overboard for what you need. A blitz would be better suited. It works great but it is expensive. I can see if I can get it cheaper through Last chance if you really want it.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
            Are you going to try and bareshaft them? I would only fletch a few of them for now and use a glue that you can heat and remove the inserts so that you can bareshaft when you're ready. I'm about to do the same. New string then start over with a dozen or more bareshafts.

Try using white hot glue. It works best. I am always changing out tips and it works great.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
              Try using white hot glue. It works best. I am always changing out tips and it works great.
              I'll have to find it. Someone this weekend told me and tod to use something but can't remember what. Fletch rite, maybe. Said heating it made them slide right out

Comment

That's a good fletch glue. But for glue in points and inserts. White hot melt. At hobby shops. Or Walmart craft isle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
                  White hot, like the hot glue gun?

Comment

I know how to bare back.

How do you bare shaft?
                    I think Tod said to shoot it through paper and then with fletches. I can do that.

Comment

I know how to bare back.

How do you bare shaft?
                      I think Tod said to shoot it through paper and then with fletches. I can do that.

It's basically shooting groups of bare and fletched shafts, then cutting and or changing point weight until they group tight. Then you make the rest of the arrows match the fletched ones you worked with

Comment

I'm sure I'll have to do that, so I need some gear.

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                          White hot, like the hot glue gun?

Yes. White melts at cooler temps. So you don't hurt the carbon with the point.

Comment

I'm sure I'll have to do that, so I need some gear.

The only thing is you should just make a few and get a little form consistency before trying it or you'll go crazy

Comment

Daniel

This the jig you use?

I have one of those on Daniels recommendation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by cmh2007 View Post
                                I have one of those on Daniels recommendation

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
                                I was just curious, I'm not a buyer. I'll take my chances with another jig.

Comment

Working...
                                X