Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 01-31-2017, 10:51 AM   #51
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Same thing happening in the world....PC!!!

No one wants to stand up for whats right and morals.....weak backbone
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 10:57 AM   #52
clayree
Six Point

We have GSA and BSA. Enough of the PC police taking over God fearing America.
clayree is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 11:00 AM   #53
topshot
Ten Point

Hunt In: Public land

I wonder how many parents of gender-identity confused kids were disappointed the day their child was born, because they didn't get the boy or girl they hoped for, and now they are manipulating their kids to become the gender that they really always wanted in a child. The child plays into that role because they want the affection and love of their mom and dad and if that means pretending to be a girl or boy, then they are willing to comply...
topshot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 11:11 AM   #54
Pullersboy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Erath & Hamilton Counties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
Unfortunately I do think this BS is not going away. The way it is becoming the norm I expect to see a lot more transgender folks in the future and it's absolutely disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's exact the problem though (or at least one of the problems). It IS NOT the norm. It's a very, very small percentage of people that is transgender. B.S.A. is a private organization and has every right to maintain their standards of admission just how they are/were. Unfortunately, the leaders of many of our great organizations have fallen prey (Due to fear of being called a homophobe) to this nonsense as opposed to having some danged backbone and standing their ground. To me it's just sad and pathetic. Weakness.
Pullersboy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 11:18 AM   #55
ATXBowhunter
Ten Point

Hunt In: Llano area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Kids are better off in scouting.

Scouting is different in lots of places, if you try to compare a rural scout troop to an urban scout troop you will find very different experiences, but they both have value.

I will continue to be a leader in my son's troop.
This pretty much sums it up!
ATXBowhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 11:31 AM   #56
Mesquite Archer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Whitney / Abilene, KS

What happened to morally straight? I guess the interpretation has changed to anything goes so long as we don't get sued and can keep growing membership. I was in scouts and proud of it but this is not the same organization. You can't claim to be about high standards and then lower them to avoid telling someone "no you do not qualify".

Sorry, if you're a girl go join the girls scouts. Sorry, if you're a gay man without children looking to go camping with a bunch of young boys, you do not meet the standards we are looking for. Sorry, you're a kid that is too confused to understand that boys pee standing up in the boys room and girls pee sitting down in the girls room and those are just simple facts of life. Maybe that kid could benefit from being around people that understand these simple facts of life but they need more help than BSA can offer.
Mesquite Archer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 05:28 PM   #57
R.Armendariz
Eight Point

Hunt In: South tx.

I was thinking of putting my oldest into the scouts , but after this no thank you.
R.Armendariz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 05:29 PM   #58
R.Armendariz
Eight Point

Hunt In: South tx.

Too freaky.
R.Armendariz is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 08:37 PM   #59
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
What happened to morally straight?
Leviticus 19, 17-18
17‘You shall not hate your fellow countryman in your heart; you may surely reprove your neighbor, but shall not incur sin because of him. 18‘You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.

Mark 12
29Jesus replied, “This is the most important: ‘Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is One Lord, 30and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’e 31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”

Notice the commandment to love your neighbor as yourself ends with a period. There are no qualifiers on that statement. No if's or but, just a period.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 08:45 PM   #60
catslayer
Pope & Young

Way to competely undermine the base ideals of your organization... so much for your duty to God and a promise to be reverent...

I likely wont be involved... at least not until o got to know a troop leader and we had real talks

Scouting was a way to teach boys skills and learn to be men from men... to see an institution die insude from cowardice is a sad thing

And to the poster above, we were comanded to LOVE as humans not CONDONE and PROPIGATE... i pray for those ppls souls that they may find the basis of the issues they have and find peace

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited by catslayer; 01-31-2017 at 08:50 PM.
catslayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 08:55 PM   #61
catslayer
Pope & Young

Quote:
Leviticus 19, 17-18
17‘You shall not hate your fellow countryman in your heart; you may surely reprove your neighbor, but shall not incur sin because of him. 18‘You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD.

Mark 12
29Jesus replied, “This is the most important: ‘Hear O Israel, the Lord our God is One Lord, 30and you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’e 31The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”

Notice the commandment to love your neighbor as yourself ends with a period. There are no qualifiers on that statement. No if's or but, just a period.
We were also comanded to forth and deciple... to try to change the world and bring about the kingdom of God... and while loving these people i will strive to do allowing them to turn our childrens eyes away from the lord is UNACCEPTABLE...

Scouts also should learn real world truths, sad that gender is the next "hard truth" that we have to worry about

To the scout master who posted... you are a brame man and i solute you. I also think you are doing the only thing that makes semse if you want them to scout, and want them to be Men of God

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited by catslayer; 01-31-2017 at 08:57 PM.
catslayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 09:02 PM   #62
topduarte
Pope & Young

You were born a male or a female. How ****ing hard is that?

Makes me upset!!!

If you decided you were not what you were born with and dont agree with it, tough ****!!!
topduarte is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 09:02 PM   #63
Drycreek3189
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRT View Post
They actually have females in BS now. It's called Venturing. Both male and females 14 to 21 can join and participate. It's a great program.
Yeah, it's just great ! I know I would have liked to share a pup tent with a girl when I was fourteen. What could go wrong ?
Drycreek3189 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 09:12 PM   #64
capt1brooks
Four Point

Hunt In: Menard

I am an Eagle Scout. I hate to say it but the world is changing. In ways we don't want to see it go. I'm old fashioned so you can guess my mind set. Someone already talked about the scout law, but not the oath.

The Scout Oath
On my honor I will do my best to do my duty to god and my country and to obey the Scout law; to help other people at all times to keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and MORALLY STRAIGHT.
capt1brooks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 09:16 PM   #65
yaqui
Ten Point

Hunt In: Eastland Co.

Quote:
I like most folks have a pretty staunch opinion about the LGBT movement and the seeming flood of people coming out of the woodwork either identifying as or in support of this as a norm. However, even if it is something I don't agree with I have to look at it from two points of view many folks miss. First I look at it from the point of view of what they can get from the program. I believe it will be positive for them. Second, most young people don't have the violent bias towards it many adults seem to have. Like the electronic/information age they seem to be more comfortable with those issues for the most part. I have been in scouts as an adult since my son was 6. He is nearly 22 and is an eagle scout. Scouts is about teaching self reliance, service to community and leadership. I can read you off the 12 points of the scout law if you like. It's not about segregation or rejection based on someone's personal bias. Those young people need solid youth/peer leadership and caring adult involvement in their lives regardless of the inner challenges they face. They will grow up into citizens who need the same skills to navigate life the the most manly of sons will need. And the influence of good God fearing adult mentors is a pretty good step towards that.
Well said

You make a number of well said and articulated points. That is not how things work around here...

I hear people complain all the time about how "this" organization is no longer what it used to be, and turn tail and walk away. How about staying and trying to make it better?
yaqui is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 09:21 PM   #66
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri

I keep seeing morally straight brought up. Morals and ethics are interpreted differently by different individuals. LGBT folks don't see their situation as morally compromised. I don't agree with it but it's hard to condemn someone when I too need a Savior.

Gary
DRT is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 09:47 PM   #67
dagdog
Six Point

Hunt In: Haskell county

"Smart move by the BSA to keep Islamic fundamentalists out of the organization."

Now thats funny!
dagdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 10:04 PM   #68
dagdog
Six Point

Hunt In: Haskell county

I believe that it is a lot deeper than just "letting in transgenders". People are working to redefine our culture. Not only in the US, but around the globe. I see things as very black and white, from a Christian view point regarding our culture. We need a separation between masculine and feminine. We have our separate roles and responsibilities in society. These LGBT radicals are in the process of totally removing the idea of male and female. It seems to me that they are throwing out the past 5000 years of human history and labeling it as racist, homophobic and just plain wrong.

How did these people get to be so smart in the last 100 years or so as to be able to make that kind of call?

And of course we can't ignore the kids. They need our help and support. BSA is a great way for kids to learn life skills and to learn how to lead. I just think there is something more insidious going on here.
dagdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 10:23 PM   #69
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

Quote:
Believe me, I'm not calling anyone a homophobe or unChristian like. I just know that these are still just kids. Regardless of gender or lifestyle choices down the road I want them to be able to give back to the community, provide first aid to someone injured, understand and participate in the community process, honor our flag and enjoy the outdoors.
A scout is; Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Cortious, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverent.
I know it's not an easy thing to come to grips with. And I realize that not everyone can look past the issues and just see the kid that needs the program.

For now, if you find a troop whose charter organization is a church that doesn't want to accept the changes then you can be in a program that doesn't have to.

Gary

Gary I was wondering what your thoughts on this would be.

I can't help believe that most of not all of the trans people wanting in be in this are there with an agenda.

Guess it's just the cynic in me.

Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 10:27 PM   #70
Bisch
Pope & Young

Self identifiying as something you are not is a form of mental illness or something. Accepting it just because someone may get their feelings hurt does nothing to fix the problem. You don't have a "gender choice"! You are either male or female, and any parent that would go along with that is crazy, and perpetuating the problem.

Bisch
Bisch is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 10:55 PM   #71
UltraMax
Ten Point

I'm a pre 2013 Eagle Scout and proud of it.

Hated hearing this news today.

Next they will be wanting to change the name from Boy Scouts to "Scouts" because the name "Boy Scouts" is not all inclusive.
UltraMax is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 11:02 PM   #72
Gummi Bear
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comanche & Eastland

Quote:
They actually have females in BS now. It's called Venturing. Both male and females 14 to 21 can join and participate. It's a great program.

The program has been in place for a long time, it used to be called Explorers. I was in two different Explorer posts when I was a teen, just so I could go camp, fish, rock climb, and canoe twice as often.

The primary was part of my troop, and was basically a way to keep the older kids involved. We would do a few special trips a year just with the post.

I started the second one, did all the paperwork and got it chartered. I was the first president, and it was co-ed. We had a bunch of fun, mostly it was kids I went to school and grew up with. The post pretty much fizzled out when we all went off to college.

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues" - Abraham Lincoln
Gummi Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 11:06 PM   #73
Gummi Bear
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Comanche & Eastland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
While the program was started with the best of motives and intentions, it's become something of a daycare. Most of the grown men I know that were scouts (Eagle Scouts at that) couldn't tell you what a bowline is, much less show you how to tie it, nor could they survive a night in a State Park, much less a wilderness.

That's just sad

I was fortunate that I was a part of such a great troop. We all had to learn those skills and more, many I still use today.

I promised my folks that I would get my Eagle before I got my driving license.

http://www.troop68.org

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues" - Abraham Lincoln
Gummi Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-31-2017, 11:11 PM   #74
donpablo
Ten Point

Hunt In: Iraan, Culberson County & Public Land
Default Why is Gender Special?

If it's discrimination to not allow children to determine their own sex, why is it not also discrimination to allow them to live outside and give them rabies shots when they tell you they're a dog? If they self identify as a three armed man, should we be forced to pretend we see their third arm? The way I see it, gender is a physical trait. If/when someone wants to change that bad enough, they can/will save up the money to do so. I'm sorry but a person's mental state has no bearing on the physical reality. If gender is about how someone feels, what should we be recognizing for the patients under state care? They feel many things contrary to our physical reality. Or how about prisoners who identify as innocent? Should we release them?

Hell, famous grown men can't make up their mind regarding gender identification. How do they expect little kids to? When the kids old enough to make that decision (18) if they have the money, they can buy the surgery. Common sense.
donpablo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 06:09 AM   #75
Humper
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tom Green Co.

Quote:
Kids are better off in scouting.

Scouting is different in lots of places, if you try to compare a rural scout troop to an urban scout troop you will find very different experiences, but they both have value.

I will continue to be a leader in my son's troop.
Good Jjob Dave. I was heavily involved in scouts with my son from tiger cubs through his earning his Eagle and then becoming a junior asst. scout leader. Scouting provided him with so much in his growing up, and I believe helped him become the great man he is today.

I'll continue to support their efforts to lead young boys into manhood.
Humper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 07:02 AM   #76
DRT
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jones and San Saba Counties and Missouri

What scares me is if we accept this deviance as "normal" how long will it be before pedophile behavior is also "normal ".

Gary
DRT is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 07:50 AM   #77
UltraMax
Ten Point

Quote:
What scares me is if we accept this deviance as "normal" how long will it be before pedophile behavior is also "normal ".

Gary
It is just a matter of time before pedophiles will self identify as 10 year old boys and be given a defense to prosecution, or that behavior will be labelled "normal" as well. The left already embraces incest.
UltraMax is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 08:04 AM   #78
coy-ote
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dimmit county

I really don't know how kids can identify themselves as transgender if we didn't flood the tv and all the social media with it, some say it's time changing, I say live and let live but I can't say God bless or Merry Christmas, but others can protest and force the elected officials to change the laws to fit a few instead of the majority?
coy-ote is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 08:15 AM   #79
Ætheling
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by coy-ote View Post
I really don't know how kids can identify themselves as transgender if we didn't flood the tv and all the social media with it, some say it's time changing, I say live and let live but I can't say God bless or Merry Christmas, but others can protest and force the elected officials to change the laws to fit a few instead of the majority?
They don't, they are just young and confused. Their liberal parents identify them as transgender. Hear about that child down in Pearland where the liberal single momma was suing the ISD? 4 years old and mom has made him a shemale.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/pearl...ghts/292585378
Ætheling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 08:18 AM   #80
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Bee County

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sweet View Post
They don't, they are just young and confused. Their liberal parents identify them as transgender. Hear about that child down in Pearland where the liberal single momma was suing the ISD? 4 years old and mom has made him a shemale.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/pearl...ghts/292585378
I didn't read the article, but I'd like to throat punch that attention needing b*! $#
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 09:00 AM   #81
snappertapper
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisch View Post
Self identifiying as something you are not is a form of mental illness or something.
are you an actual psychiatrist or just self identifying as one?
snappertapper is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 09:13 AM   #82
TxAg
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
I didn't read the article, but I'd like to throat punch that attention needing b*! $#
I read the article.

Sounds like a mom trying to do right by her child.

It amazes me some of the harshness thrown around this place. I guess that's the internet for ya.
TxAg is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 09:20 AM   #83
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAg View Post
I read the article.

It amazes me some of the harshness thrown around this place. I guess that's the internet for ya.
Well, your way of thinking is part of the problem. A 4 year old needs guidance. That story is complete BS. A 4 year old telling his mother he's a girl and praying to die.....ya right.

I went back and read the story......guess the 4 year old TOLD his mother to get his ears pierced. I guess when my youngest boy was 3 and pretending to be a puppy.....I should have got him a collar and made him sleep outside! . I feel sorry for the child. His mother has sentenced him to a hard life.

Last edited by Traildust; 02-01-2017 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:21 AM   #84
coy-ote
Ten Point

Hunt In: Dimmit county

How is it harsh how was that parent raised that made a decision for a child that may be going through a phase or following a trend, maybe more parenting the way things are supposed to be, I remember boys didn't play with dolls cause they had a dad brothers and uncles who wouldn't allow it and teach him to be a young man. Now days do as you please and if you don't get your way mommy will file a lawyer to fix it for you. Too fat to be a cheerleader don't worry I will file a lawsuit instead of to the victors go the spoils, no harshness just society being raised a generation that teaches don't work hard just complain and you will get your way......

coy-ote is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 09:23 AM   #85
Ætheling
Pope & Young

Quote:
I read the article.

She is NOT doing right by that child. If that child was 14 that would be one thing but 4? 4 year olds also want to be tigers, aliens, space monsters, etc.....

Point is 4 year olds don't know what they want.

Last edited by Ætheling; 02-01-2017 at 09:25 AM.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:27 AM   #86
TexAg2002
Ten Point

Hunt In: anywhere I can

If you wish to continue to support BSA I am fine with that. If you don't after this, I will echo the support that has been voiced for Trail Life. The bottom line is get involved in your kids life so you know what they are being taught. If you are doing this then good job!

Here's a link for the CEO of Trail Life's response. http://www.traillifeusa.com/blog/212...s-BSA-Decision
Thanks and God bless!
TexAg2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 09:33 AM   #87
Livin'2hunt
Ten Point

Hunt In: my birthday suit

Folding would be okay at this point. I pulled my son when I learned the kids are awarded badges for gaming. What the hell??? We ran out like our hair was on fire.
Livin'2hunt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 09:34 AM   #88
TxAg
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Well, your way of thinking is part of the problem. A 4 year old needs guidance. That story is complete BS. A 4 year old telling his mother he's a girl and praying to die.....ya right.
Quote:
She is NOT doing right by that child. If that child was 14 that would be one thing but 4? 4 year olds also want to be tigers, aliens, space monsters, etc.....

I can pull up any number of articles that show children have gender identity by 2-3 yrs old and certainly by 4. I have a 2.5 yr old. She is very aware of the difference in boys and girls blah blah blah
TxAg is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 09:39 AM   #89
Ætheling
Pope & Young

Quote:
I can pull up any number of articles that show children have gender identity by 2-3 yrs old and certainly by 4. I have a 2.5 yr old. She is very aware of the difference in boys and girls blah blah blah
Ok, at four if she tells you she wants to be a guy are you going to explain to her otherwise or go buy her a suit and tie and shave her head and then demand she pees with the boys?
Old 02-01-2017, 09:39 AM   #90
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:
He has a penis....not a girl. blah blah blah
Old 02-01-2017, 09:47 AM   #91
Capt.Brown
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

So the BOY scouts is for boys, not girls that think there boys, it's pretty darn simple. Im so sick of people saying you need to be tolerate. Yes there is a place to be tolerate, but that doesn't mean that you give of your convictions and principals so someone feels included. Stand up for what you believe in and grow a spine.
Capt.Brown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 09:53 AM   #92
Traildust
Pope & Young

Quote:

100% agree. This is nothing more than a parent who can't tell their child NO.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:38 AM   #93
Mesquite Archer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Whitney / Abilene, KS

Quote:
Leviticus 19, 17-18

Mark 12

My comment "What happened to morally straight" is regarding the oath taken by all scouts. Some say morality is subjective to individual interpretation which is convenient for non-believers. For those with Judeo-Christian values we rely on the word of God, revealed to us through the Bible.

Leviticus is very clear in this area of sexual depravity in particular 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

As you quoted 19:18 above I do not interpret "they shall be surely put to death" as an edict for us to hate, or "put to death" sexual deviants rather Gods judgement will be upon them and he will handle it. However, I can't ignore the fact that it is considered by God to be an abomination and I will not accept the LGBT lifestyle "choice" as the new normal.

Like minded people with similar beliefs and faith based moral values have the right to associate with one another and form organizations like BSA with those same values as stated in the Scout Oath and Law to the exclusion of those that do not share the same values.

Pauls letter in 2 Corinthians 6:14 reminds us - Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
Mesquite Archer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 10:43 AM   #94
Bigdaddy
Ten Point

I heard they are changing their name to "it" scouts. That should cover everyone and everything.
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 10:45 AM   #95
Hoggslayer
Pope & Young

Hunt In: My Truck at night.

Quote:
Why? When my kids were that age they could read and right and say their ABC's , but they had know idea boys and girls were different. Children are perfect and innocent, why do some parents feel the need to rob them of that?
Hoggslayer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 11:49 AM   #96
Tomkat70
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mason ,Brady,Menard
Default BS of America

Quote:
I like most folks have a pretty staunch opinion about the LGBT movement and the seeming flood of people coming out of the woodwork either identifying as or in support of this as a norm. However, even if it is something I don't agree with I have to look at it from two points of view many folks miss. First I look at it from the point of view of what they can get from the program. I believe it will be positive for them. Second, most young people don't have the violent bias towards it many adults seem to have. Like the electronic/information age they seem to be more comfortable with those issues for the most part. I have been in scouts as an adult since my son was 6. He is nearly 22 and is an eagle scout. Scouts is about teaching self reliance, service to community and leadership. I can read you off the 12 points of the scout law if you like. It's not about segregation or rejection based on someone's personal bias. Those young people need solid youth/peer leadership and caring adult involvement in their lives regardless of the inner challenges they face. They will grow up into citizens who need the same skills to navigate life the the most manly of sons will need. And the influence of good God fearing adult mentors is a pretty good step towards that.
Well put BUT, I can not support the BSOA and have not since the first go round with the lgbt community. I have given in a hand full of times and donated to a few little guys out and about but this put an end to it. I can no longer support these kind of decisions in our nation our state or our social groups.
Tomkat70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 11:54 AM   #97
Speedgoat
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.

I should have never opened the link. PC and liberalism has gone too far. We are now being forced to accept mental illness as if it was normal. My son will not take part in Cub Scouts if there is a Gay scoutmaster, or transgender participants. You can't learn to be a man from those who have identity issues. If that ruffles your feathers, then suck it up.
Speedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 11:57 AM   #98
Tomkat70
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mason ,Brady,Menard
Default Bsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by in-yo-grill View Post
hopefully citizens of american will take a stand and stop supporting organizations that give into the liberal bullying. They, liberals, preach tolerance but have none themselves. Totally hypocritical in the way they live. Do as i say not as i do.
amen
Tomkat70 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 12:03 PM   #99
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

It's a shame to see mental illness not only go untreated, but being celebrated. It's a shame to see a once-great organization like BSA being systematically ruined by the insane PC crowd too.
Shane is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-01-2017, 12:42 PM   #100
Speedgoat
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Iraq, Afghanistan, Sudan, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
It's a shame to see mental illness not only go untreated, but being celebrated. It's a shame to see a once-great organization like BSA being systematically ruined by the insane PC crowd too.
I was both a cub scout and a boy scout. I was also an Assistant Scout Master for Troop 60. I miss the outings and the molding of young minds. I learned a lot from the scouts. Its a shame that my son may not have the opportunity for the same experience.
Speedgoat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top