Cafe Racer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cafe Racer

Anyone built a cafe racer? Any advice would be great.

I picked up a Suzuki S40 and have started tearing it down.

Stage one is going to be handlebars, seat, exhaust, moving the battery box, removing the airbox and taking all the unnecessary stuff. I have looked at the Ryca stuff and it looks really good but it's crazy expensive it seems.

Starting with
    Attached Files

Comment

exhaust wrapped, windshield off, saddlebags off, muffler off, mirrors off, extra guards off.
      Attached Files

Comment

Cafe racers if done nice are cool. When guys start trying to cut corners to save money they get ugly quick LOL.

I was helping a good friend make one from a GS750 before I moved away from PA. He hasn't done much to it since I left but I convinced him to do it right with quality parts and not make a rat bike cafe racer .

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
          Cafe racers if done nice are cool. When guys start trying to cut corners to save money they get ugly quick LOL.

I was helping a good friend make one from a GS750 before I moved away from PA. He hasn't done much to it since I left but I convinced him to do it right with quality parts and not make a rat bike cafe racer .
          The seat and gas tank seem to be challenging without spending a bunch of money.

This is the look I am going for. In gun metal grey with a brown leather seat though.
          Attached Files

Comment

Yeah the seat and tank can get expensive quick, if you don't start with a bike you can get away with using the stock tank. I just Googled "S40 cafe racer", and there are some cool examples out there. Good luck and make sure you keep us posted with pics!

Comment

After I modified the intake and exhaust....the hardest part for me was jetting the carbs, but it looks like you just have one to deal with.

Dime City Cycles is a good place for parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
              l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
              ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

Originally posted by Joey~AP View Post
                After I modified the intake and exhaust....the hardest part for me was jetting the carbs, but it looks like you just have one to deal with.

Dime City Cycles is a good place for parts.

The Chicken Hawk got me to finally do this!

I have a couple of friends that will hopefully help me with the carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                  The Chicken Hawk got me to finally do this!

I have a couple of friends that will hopefully help me with the carbs.

That's allsome!

Have fun!

Ultramatic Feeders

We're paratroopers, Lieutenant. We're supposed to be surrounded......

/l _ ,[____],
                  l---- L-- -OlllllllO-
                  ()_)--()_)---o-)_)

Comment

More of a cafe/bobber hybrid, but I built this one a while again. Unfortunately the pics show without side covers, but you'll get the gist.

After spending a few years working for a custom motorcycle shop in Austin, I got the urge to build my own bike.  The opportunity arose toward the end of my graduate program when I came across an ol…

Comment

Think I figured out my seat! I can do this.

Part 1
                      http://caferacertv.com/product/all-four-seasons-of-cafe-racer-tv/Get All 4 Seasons of Cafe RacerTV for 1 low price.Watch as Herm Narciso from Dime City Cycle...

Part 2
                      http://caferacertv.com/product/all-four-seasons-of-cafe-racer-tv/Get All 4 Seasons of Cafe RacerTV for 1 low price.Watch as Herm Narciso from Dime City Cycle...

Comment

No more battery box and air box. new muffler showed up today and grabbing a new air filter tomorrow. Then time to rejet the carb and fab up a new battery box.

I know I should strip this all down but I want to be able to ride her during the process. at least until I find a gas tank and fab a seat.

Still need to find a gas tank, handlebars, headlight, gauges, lights, shocks, and mirrors.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Tagging

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                            The seat and gas tank seem to be challenging without spending a bunch of money.

This is the look I am going for. In gun metal grey with a brown leather seat though.
                            Looks awesome

Comment

New muffler. It's looking better!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X