THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SanAngeloBowman View Post
    I can in a couple days Clinton. Im stuck at work for next 48hrs still and they wont let us access yahoo email here. BTW this Spring chicken is 45 yrs old
    email sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Wilson View Post
      We are working on a recreation plan with the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, which is the owner of the land, that would carve out places for four-wheelers and dirt bikes. I can't foresee, though, that either the Bureau or the City Council will designate a place for mudding, given that that would likely damage the property. The Council a year or so ago increased the penalties for that sort of activity in hopes of preventing it on the far end of Spillway Road.
      With this said ^^^^ we might note that the GOAL is to get TBR back to its natural state (and beauty) and NOT further abuse the land by tearing it up. Is this not one of the reasons we spend so much time in the outdoors?

A suggestion to those that want to tear the place up might be ......go tear up YOUR own land or the roads on YOUR ranch.

Comment

Got it

email sent.
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony Wilson View Post
          We are working on a recreation plan with the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation, which is the owner of the land, that would carve out places for four-wheelers and dirt bikes. I can't foresee, though, that either the Bureau or the City Council will designate a place for mudding, given that that would likely damage the property. The Council a year or so ago increased the penalties for that sort of activity in hopes of preventing it on the far end of Spillway Road.
          Again thx Anthony i was just kind of curious i know a couple of the kids going out thereand doing it would really like too see it stopped only because of the roads being torn up

Comment

Those roads usually dry out within a day or two anyways when it rains, but for us duckhunters it will be basically impossible to hunt if we can't drive in there on a rainy morning unless we want to hunt the EQ, which from what I understand is illegal now.

I'm no spring chicken, but I'm not sure any of us could throw on some waders and haul all the crap us waterfowlers think we need that far...

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
              Those roads usually dry out within a day or two anyways when it rains, but for us duckhunters it will be basically impossible to hunt if we can't drive in there on a rainy morning unless we want to hunt the EQ, which from what I understand is illegal now.

I'm no spring chicken, but I'm not sure any of us could throw on some waders and haul all the crap us waterfowlers think we need that far...

Comment

yes for those spring chickens out there try and put on a pair of waders a 30 pound sack of decoys a gun and bag and dont forget your spinning wings

Comment

Originally posted by rbertman View Post
                  yes for those spring chickens out there try and put on a pair of waders a 30 pound sack of decoys a gun and bag and dont forget your spinning wings
                  Its already been explained a couple times here WHY the gates to certain areas are closed when roads are muddy. If you think that its unfair to duck hunters only (and not the rest of us) go to a council meeting and state your concerns......its your right, but your arent respecting the reason why the policy exists. Its there to manage the condition of the land which EVERYONE clwarly understands is in sad shape. So if the gates are closed during inclimate weather. So be it. Its whats best for EVERYONE, NOT JUST A SELECT GROUP. Do yoi really think anyone else besides duckhunters are going to enjoy walking in? I know I ll never be able to get to my spots when it rains but that goes for whether the gates are open or not.

Comment

Its already been explained a couple times here WHY the gates to certain areas are closed when roads are muddy. If you think that its unfair to duck hunters only (and not the rest of us) go to a council meeting and state your concerns......its your right, but your arent respecting the reason why the policy exists. Its there to manage the condition of the land which EVERYONE clwarly understands is in sad shape. So if the gates are closed during inclimate weather. So be it. Its whats best for EVERYONE, NOT JUST A SELECT GROUP. Do yoi really think anyone else besides duckhunters are going to enjoy walking in? I know I ll never be able to get to my spots when it rains but that goes for whether the gates are open or not.
                    i am just stating my opion after ur comment about spring chickens cause yes it would also suck for bow hunters i will actually use my boat anyways oh yah there is always the STATE PARK which is just 40.00

Comment

i am just stating my opion after ur comment about spring chickens cause yes it would also suck for bow hunters i will actually use my boat anyways oh yah there is always the STATE PARK which is just 40.00
                      State Park is an awsome place to hunt. Especially areas 6&7. Theres hogs in there now. Seen the trail cam pics. Only bummer is their messed up dates amd short season there.

Comment

If the gates were closed then you couldn't even get a boat in there anyways, I imagine the roads theyre wanting to keep in good condition are the main ones that lead to the boat ramps.

If we run into this problem then we ought to at least be thankful for the rain!

Comment

If the gates were closed then you couldn't even get a boat in there anyways, I imagine the roads theyre wanting to keep in good condition are the main ones that lead to the boat ramps.

If we run into this problem then we ought to at least be thankful for the rain!
                          well i will have to agree with u there we need more rain better duck hunting

Comment

State Park is an awsome place to hunt. Especially areas 6&7. Theres hogs in there now. Seen the trail cam pics. Only bummer is their messed up dates amd short season there.
                            there are also alot of pigs in area 3 and saw a couple smokers in there on my game cam lsat season

Comment

there are also alot of pigs in area 3 and saw a couple smokers in there on my game cam lsat season
                              Ther in unit 4 near 12 mile when there is water in river to which probably pushed them over there since last year. Stickem if ya see one. Id love to see someone get one. It was only a matter of time till they came in from spring creek area of Mertzon.

Comment

Ther in unit 4 near 12 mile when there is water in river to which probably pushed them over there since last year. Stickem if ya see one. Id love to see someone get one. It was only a matter of time till they came in from spring creek area of Mertzon.
                                i would love to stick one with my T3,s but u only get them on your game cams in early morning hours between 2 and 5 am had a freind that saw them once about 9 am but was quick look and no shot

Comment

Working...
                                X