Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did you kill your buck this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December 19th around 5:00 PM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nov.24th searching for doe at first light
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Leon County Slayer; 02-17-2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Jan 12th. if I could only hunt one week of the year..that week would be it in east tx..
        Attached Files

Comment

Killed this tall old fat dude 10-1-18 around 8:00 a.m. Been watching him for a couple years and noticed that he never shucked the velvet on his horns. He was always very jumpy and wouldn't hang around long. Finally gave me a good shot at 20 yards so I pegged him. Turns out he didn't have any nuts in his sack. I guessed him at 5 1/2. Beautiful sunny morning, calm winds, about 50 degrees. The kind of morning that makes you want to be in the stand.
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanksgiving morning.

Comment

Opening morning of rifle season about 10 minutes after shooting light

Comment

First 2 mins of opening day.
                Have never been that lucky before.
                But sure made for a long season afterwards lol

Comment

November 16 at 10:02am in Kerr County with my Sniper 370 crossbow using Carbon Express Piledriver topped with 100 grain rage (that failed to open by the way). My first crossbow kill

Comment

Evening of Dec. 17. Mature 6+ years old.

Comment

October 29, at about 5:15

Comment

Arrowed my buck opening morning (9/30/17)

Click image for larger version

Name:	24CBBBD3-9130-48AE-A40D-8458D3B04F54.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	24530762

Comment

I think this is a cool idea, but is more complicated than it appears to be. Area of the state will make a difference.
                          The type of hunting is more subjective. For example, I am a pre-rut/early rut hunter. I focus time in that part of the season and have done well during that time. I know others who focus only on rut. I can never seem to get on buck early bow season/transition.
                          I know people who hunt post rut/late season. The pressure of other hunters have pushed the deer into their areas, as well as decreasing natural food sources. I have a hard time hunting late season/post rut. It could be the areas I'm hunting or pressure.
                          I am also interested in the barometric pressure, Seems like I have seen a difference. The moon cycle stuff is interesting to me as well.
                          For the record, My deer range from last two weeks October to first three weeks of November. On camera, Some areas have a week of high activity, while others are dead, during the same time. I think it depends on Does in the area coming into heat. I hunt East Texas. It seems like focusing on the specific area you hunt, and getting times/dates for that areas would be most helpful for you.

Maybe a specific format would make it easier.
                          Area of state:
                          Date/Time:
                          facts: chasing Doe, rutted down, not swole up, ect.

Of note, if I could learn tips from GarGuy on late season hunting, Id be a more rounded hunter. I swear, end of season in East texas has NO DEER. Maybe they all went to his spots.
                          Last edited by JasonS; 02-17-2018, 04:55 PM. Reason: addional comment

Comment

Birthday Buck

November 24th, my birthday, 7:05am. We already ate most of him, now waiting on the Wall Mount......
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by JasonS View Post
                              I think this is a cool idea, but is more complicated than it appears to be. Area of the state will make a difference.
                              The type of hunting is more subjective. For example, I am a pre-rut/early rut hunter. I focus time in that part of the season and have done well during that time. I know others who focus only on rut. I can never seem to get on buck early bow season/transition.
                              I know people who hunt post rut/late season. The pressure of other hunters have pushed the deer into their areas, as well as decreasing natural food sources. I have a hard time hunting late season/post rut. It could be the areas I'm hunting or pressure.
                              I am also interested in the barometric pressure, Seems like I have seen a difference. The moon cycle stuff is interesting to me as well.
                              For the record, My deer range from last two weeks October to first three weeks of November. On camera, Some areas have a week of high activity, while others are dead, during the same time. I think it depends on Does in the area coming into heat. I hunt East Texas. It seems like focusing on the specific area you hunt, and getting times/dates for that areas would be most helpful for you.

Maybe a specific format would make it easier.
                              Area of state:
                              Date/Time:
                              facts: chasing Doe, rutted down, not swole up, ect.

Of note, if I could learn tips from GarGuy on late season hunting, Id be a more rounded hunter. I swear, end of season in East texas has NO DEER. Maybe they all went to his spots.
                              LOL! Pressured Deer Are EASY to Pattern

Comment

Me: 1702 Nov 25th

Boy: 1635 Dec 9th

Comment

Working...
                                X