No announcement yet.

Yeti Knock Off Live Test!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pic 11 of his ad, maybe he sells them as well and the no name brand too. Still 170 for a 65q still tempts me
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jaime1982; 12-24-2015, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I'm interested in the results, but think you should have put the same amount of ice in both coolers and measure how much is drained. One 18 and 24 scoops will have different results. Still a good idea though.

Comment

I tried to get both coolers full till about 2 inches from the top on both. I will drain tomorrow and post results. I've checked about every 2 hours and not much change.

Comment

I'm in

Comment

Tuned in!

Comment

Interested

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                  Are yeti made in the US?
                  No

Comment

Half price / same cooler manufacturer. Some Yeti people broke away and started RTIC out of Houston
                    Discover our hard and soft coolers, equipped with top-tier insulation to make ice last for days. Ideal for camping, hunting, fishing and tailgating.

Comment

Originally posted by ibowtech View Post
                      Half price / same cooler manufacturer. Some Yeti people broke away and started RTIC out of Houston
                      https://www.rticcoolers.com/shop/coolers
                      No kidding?

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                        Now put it through a real test. Put it on the tailgate and hit a turn going 40. See if it stays in one piece.

Another real test. Put it in the bed of your truck and see if someone steals it.

Comment

I would propose a different test.

Fill them both up till you can just close the lid. Let them sit for 24 hours and measure the amount of water that drains from each. Then repeat at 48 and 72 only opening to drain.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                            I would propose a different test.

Fill them both up till you can just close the lid. Let them sit for 24 hours and measure the amount of water that drains from each. Then repeat at 48 and 72 only opening to drain.
                            Even if they melt at the same rate, more ice = more water, correct? I think it's a better test than nothing but to me all things have to be equal to get an apples to apples comparison.

Comment

Rtic coolers are nice, but I needed one before May, I have a few hunts before then.

Comment

Well they had about the same water come out. Drained both into another ice chest and both were drain about an inch of water into the ice chest.

I would say the knock off has a slight advantage for ice retention but not a lot, we will see, we are about to pack up and head to the lease so I will keep it up dated. I might even put a Yeti sticker on knockoff but that might be cheating. Lol

Merry Christmas

Comment

Working...
                                X